MisterMark

Vintage Microphone : Carbonphone with Limited Edition Dark Stained Tone Box!

Rate this topic

Omg, this microphone is beautiful. A serious work of art you guys... Look at this thing. Mark builds the most amazing vintage microphones. More on this later, we are putting a special campaign together for the members. One of you will be winning this mic.

5 hours ago, Robert Lunte said:

Omg, this microphone is beautiful. A serious work of art you guys..

major mic geek-out material! seems like a good price ,  I just love the allen bolts, an industrial yet polished look (almost Jules Verne- esque), way cool copper retro!  I like the "male singing" sample, "Voodoo Queen. . . ."

Hey Robert, it kind of reminds me of the mini-mic you tried out a few years ago. For when you want a warm, old-fashioned sound on vocals.

Ron, its the same guy, same company, my friend Mark Pirro, he makes these beautiful little artful gems.

Here is his web site!

http://www.placidaudio.com

Here is the product review we did of the Copper-Mini you are referring to, and yes, I have the mini. It is SUPER COOL!!!

But Ron, I wouldn't say that it is necessarily "warm"... lol.. these mics are made to sound like the old time radio mics, they are a bit bright. Listen to the samples on Mark's web site.