Is So Hyang Screaming Or Belting? Fans Feud.

Rate this topic

Ren

This is really something that I've wanted to post for a while now, because it's been really bothering me the more that I read hate comments, that haters go and hate on this singer! By saying she can't sing, she screams, she's nasal, she's struggling, she uses falsetto EVEN THOUGH SHE'S CLEARLY BELTING, EVEN MADE HATE VIDEOS OF HER, comparing So Hyang with one of her WORST performances, and screamer Regine Velasquez with her BEST performance, and claims that Regine is better than her. Those haters also uses achievements and fame, as proof that Regine is better than So Hyang. Which doesn't make sense, because achievements doesn't really determine your singing ability. And those haters also say that a bunch of other famous "Singers" (yeah right) say that Regine has an amazing voice, and that Regine apparently won a huge singing contest, and is now known as "Asia's Songbird".

But at the same time, singing critics and So Hyang fans go on and respond to those hate comments, by saying So Hyang is belting because she's resonant, she's twangy and uses a mask placed mixed voice and you can't be resonant if you're nasal, her belting technique is flawless, she's pouring her emotions in her performance that's why she's moving like that, and that they sense that those haters are Filipino and are Regine Velasquez fans, etc.

BUT I WANT TO PUT AN END TO THOSE HORRIBLE HATE COMMENTS, AND ARGUMENTS, BY POSTING THIS, AND LEADING THEM TO THIS THREAD SO THEY NO LONGER HAVE A SAY ABOUT HER NOT BEING ABLE TO SING! AND THAT REGINE IS NOT BETTER THAN HER! AND TO PUT AN END TO THE IGNORANCE OF THE REGINE FANS IN THIS FEUD.

Anyways teehee ^,^, onto the videos.
So Hyang's: My opinion on this one, I think this is one of her best. And at 2:10 she belts from a G5 to a Bb5.

One of the many hate videos, So Hyang vs Regine Oh Holy Night.
Regine sings here at the 4:37 mark

4:37 calls So Hyang "Asia's Nasal Congested SongCat So Hyang"

Btw, judging by the amount of Regine videos the video maker has on their channel, they're a really devoted fan. And if they were to see that a bunch of vocal professionals say that Regine is not a great singer, it would probably break their heart......... So please don't hold back, since the person is a huge jerk anyways. Video maker called So Hyang "Asia's Nasal Congested SongCat" argued with a bunch of people with the intent to annoy, posted hate comments, and PEOPLE are agreeing with this person. No matter how many vocal facts a commenter may post, they still keep being ignorant, unless if I post here probably.

If you're asking if this is part rant.. Yes it is a rant.. And it's literally just not me who is being bothered by this.. So many haters.. 

• 3 weeks later...

So Hyang is horrible singer...her tone is also not that impressive...she can have the best technique in the world but if her tone is crap the technique is useless. Not a Regine fan but Regine is definitely better tham So Hyang in every aspect in singing. So Hyang sound is so acreechy and not pleasing to the ear anymore. Her voice also has no colors.Ailee and Dami are even better than So Hyang.

Baby you didnt mention those harassment from sohyang fans... They call regine a prostitute? Does it even make sense?.. You were all butthurt because everyone now is against sohyang where in fact it was your fandom who humiliated regine velasquez. You didn't even know how to respect regine. Baby before you make a blog, an article or even a website like this make sure you have all the resources to prove that it was the fans of regine velasquez who attacked you first. This is so embrassing. Both asian artists need respect but you and the rest of the fandom (of sohyang) keeps on disrespecting the "Asias Songbird". Now your creating this article for what purpose? To act as if you were the victim? Stop acting as if your are all innocent here. You attacked regine velasquez first and so we're just giving you what you deserve. Ailee could sing better than sohyang. End of the story. 

The one thing that I dislike about these "Singing competition" shows is just that. They make SINGING a competitive sport. It is not. The original goal was to give upcoming singers who had NO chance of fame a  chance to be heard.

Whether you like a sound or singer is an opinion nothing else. Everyone has an idea of what they like and what they do not.

Here you have 2 great singers and thousands of people getting pissed off at each other about differing opinions about the way these singers sound. They both sound great and each sound better than most of those pissed at each other over these singers.

Get over it and listen to the music you like and do not listen to the music you do not like.

I can name several top performers that make my skin crawl, others like them. No big deal and no need to bash them for sounding like themselves.

9 hours ago, Haven Yu Sifiata said:

Baby you didnt mention those harassment from sohyang fans... They call regine a prostitute? Does it even make sense?.. You were all butthurt because everyone now is against sohyang where in fact it was your fandom who humiliated regine velasquez. You didn't even know how to respect regine. Baby before you make a blog, an article or even a website like this make sure you have all the resources to prove that it was the fans of regine velasquez who attacked you first. This is so embrassing. Both asian artists need respect but you and the rest of the fandom (of sohyang) keeps on disrespecting the "Asias Songbird". Now your creating this article for what purpose? To act as if you were the victim? Stop acting as if your are all innocent here. You attacked regine velasquez first and so we're just giving you what you deserve. Ailee could sing better than sohyang. End of the story. 

Dude seriously WTH :QuestionFox:

• Administrator

A "fan feud"? A complete waste of time.

Hey Ali, Haven... I believe there are other online venues where people are encouraged to attack others and act mean. Attacking others and being mean is encouraged at these places. Strangely, there are people that actually sign up and join communities like that. Your name calling posts and "fan feud" would be encouraged by the membership there.

However, this is not what we, good and decent people, do at The Modern Vocalist World forum. Never has been, never will be. My suggestion would be to have gratitude toward people that actually have the courage to stick their necks out to entertain and coach you on singing.

If you would like to be a member of a community where people are supportive, you are welcome to stay.

Ren, you should be commended for your effort to be positive.

As for a critique, did anyone actually ask for one? 

• Administrator
On 12/13/2016 at 8:46 AM, MDEW said:

The one thing that I dislike about these "Singing competition" shows is just that. They make SINGING a competitive sport. It is not. The original goal was to give upcoming singers who had NO chance of fame a  chance to be heard.

Whether you like a sound or singer is an opinion nothing else. Everyone has an idea of what they like and what they do not.

Here you have 2 great singers and thousands of people getting pissed off at each other about differing opinions about the way these singers sound. They both sound great and each sound better than most of those pissed at each other over these singers.

Get over it and listen to the music you like and do not listen to the music you do not like.

I can name several top performers that make my skin crawl, others like them. No big deal and no need to bash them for sounding like themselves.

Exactly.

Further replies on this topic is temporarily disabled.