Thoughts about the treatment of others in the singing community

Rate this topic

Jarom

Recently I have noticed a lot of bad behavior when it comes to the treatment of others in the singing community (specifically Tristan the controversial former member of the forum). He has posted some videos "attacking" other coaches but to me, they were actually more playful and brought some light on a lot of the bull sh*t  that is so popular in the community these days. If you watch his videos you know that the majority the coaches he "attacks" he actually supports  a lot of what they have to say. However, on the other side I have seen nothing but bullying and harassment to him. Yea, his vocal method is heavily flawed, yea his bashing videos sometimes go to far and yea he maybe has a little to much beef with Robert (although I don't know what has happened behind the scenes) but he deserves to be treated like a human being..... he has brought a lot of quality ideas and concepts to the community, please have respect thanks!

To get respect you give respect. Bashing by no means gains respect. Playful and vindictive are two different things. For myself Vindictive loses respect. Maybe it is my own upbringing but profanity  by itself is disrespectful. 

Not directly related to this thread but I have seen others on Youtube literally crying about their losing of customers because of their Youtube rants and refuse to see the connection between their own profanity and ranting about others and the loss of their customers.

After a person claims that Support is Bullshit, Cord Closure is bullshit, Vowel modification is Bullshit, Warm ups and Exercises are bullshit, If that person starts  teaching people using these same techniques that he was putting others down for. I cannot have respect for that.

I would rather see/hear coaches of two or three different camps have a conversation on their differing opinions than to ever here bashing of techniques or coaches. That loses my respect real quick. We tried that here on several occasions. The conversation between two differing opinions that is. People demanding that their way is better --------- is not a conversation. Name calling or Profanity is not a conversation.

I rather enjoyed the debates of the past until they got out of control, where Vocal pedagogy was not the subject by the end of the threads.

On 3/3/2017 at 10:24 PM, MDEW said:

To get respect you give respect. Bashing by no means gains respect. Playful and vindictive are two different things. For myself Vindictive loses respect. Maybe it is my own upbringing but profanity  by itself is disrespectful. 

Not directly related to this thread but I have seen others on Youtube literally crying about their losing of customers because of their Youtube rants and refuse to see the connection between their own profanity and ranting about others and the loss of their customers.

After a person claims that Support is Bullshit, Cord Closure is bullshit, Vowel modification is Bullshit, Warm ups and Exercises are bullshit, If that person starts  teaching people using these same techniques that he was putting others down for. I cannot have respect for that.

I would rather see/hear coaches of two or three different camps have a conversation on their differing opinions than to ever here bashing of techniques or coaches. That loses my respect real quick. We tried that here on several occasions. The conversation between two differing opinions that is. People demanding that their way is better --------- is not a conversation. Name calling or Profanity is not a conversation.

I rather enjoyed the debates of the past until they got out of control, where Vocal pedagogy was not the subject by the end of the threads.

I was controversial at times, but never disrespectful, never out to hurt feelings, to show up somebody or destroy careers. It's the way you go about it.  

Awesome response MD.  Just wish those first few videos could be shown....He attacked.....he was way out of line.  If this had been a corporate environment he would have been fired in a heartbeat.

I was controversial at times, but I never attacked, never disrespected.

Further replies on this topic is temporarily disabled.