Sign in to follow this  
dankim321

How to sing with deep chest placement? (Am I even hearing it right?)

Rate this topic

I'm curious if I am doing this right...

I'm not even sure how to explain it. Here is a guy teaching it .. it's in korean but he's basically saying try to "pull" the sound out from the chest instead of having the sound fly out through ur mouth. Can someone explain to me in what way is this taught normally? Is this just the feel of "open throat?" or "support"? AND if this is how it should feel then how do I get that "mask" placement without losing that DEEP breath support?

This way helped me develop my mix but I'm curious if this method is correct and is just another way of teaching the same thing?

example done by a professional performance. (The sound literally sounds like a really low soft mix voice in the intro and when belting it sounds like the vibrato is so free and resonating really low.

Is this how proper singing should be done?

I am just wondering on how I should properly train and do warmups/workouts..

On 5/24/2017 at 0:19 AM, dankim321 said:

basically saying try to "pull" the sound out from the chest instead of having the sound fly out through ur mouth. Can someone explain to me in what way is this taught normally? Is this just the feel of "open throat?" or "support"? AND if this is how it should feel then how do I get that "mask" placement without losing that DEEP breath support?

This way helped me develop my mix but I'm curious if this method is correct and is just another way of teaching the same thing? I am just wondering on how I should properly train and do warmups/workouts..

Hey Dankim321!

First, I must say, it's really hard to get a good feel for what's being said when it's not your own language. Your questions do indicate (to me) that you may be hoping for guidance on this that is more simplistic than you need. 

I won't go into great detail because I'm not a vocal coach.

What I can say is, there are so many elements that must be utilized "in concert" with each other. You (as an individual) may need more guidance on some of them, maybe less on other of those elements. Like this dude in the video being instructed, the coach was addressing his sound. You won't really find out your particular needs until you do the same with a good vocal coach. I would recommend that you take a Skype lesson with Robert Lunte, Draven Grey, or Daniel Formica. I can vouch for those three. They will be able to identify all of the training techniques (there's rarely just one or two for most people) that your voice would benefit from in achieving the sound you are seeking. It's not just about getting a 3 minute tip that makes it all click. There's a training regimen those coaches would assign for you to train for a number of hours/days/weeks, until your muscle memory takes over. It takes work, but it will produce results!

peace.