Rate this topic

Just now, Robert Lunte said:

Fun Gill. I can sort of hear your country draw... can you do this without the back vocals of JJ so we can hear your voice more clearly. It is masking your voice too much and sort of getting in the way. Let's hear YOU do it alone.

I'll have to re-record it Rob. Thinking of a way to get around the backing voxs and can see your point :)

33 minutes ago, Robert Lunte said:

Fun Gill. I can sort of hear your country draw... can you do this without the back vocals of JJ so we can hear your voice more clearly. It is masking your voice too much and sort of getting in the way. Let's hear YOU do it alone.

https://www.smule.com/recording/janis-joplin-mercedez-benz/1088277799_1481117166

• Administrator

Gill,

Nice work getting rid of the noise in here... now we can properly hear you.

This is better. 

Do it again and I want you to do two things:

1. watch your timing. You are rushing and jumping in front of your cues. Its rushing... so lay back.

2. Laying back more will also... get you to sing it a little more softer. It is a bit eratic, attacking too hard... soften the vocal mass just a bit.

Stop rushing the cues, get tighter on the timing & lay back more... a touch more "sleepy".

take 3!

;)

14 hours ago, Robert Lunte said:

Gill,

Nice work getting rid of the noise in here... now we can properly hear you.

This is better. 

Do it again and I want you to do two things:

1. watch your timing. You are rushing and jumping in front of your cues. Its rushing... so lay back.

2. Laying back more will also... get you to sing it a little more softer. It is a bit eratic, attacking too hard... soften the vocal mass just a bit.

Stop rushing the cues, get tighter on the timing & lay back more... a touch more "sleepy".

take 3!

;)

Thank you Rob. Duly noted... Take 3 lol :D 

HI Gill, Welcome to the forum. I love Janis. My favorite is Take a Piece of My Heart. I do not know what is is about that song but it gets to me.

Try this song a little less "Singy" and more "Conversational" and almost like pleading. The idea behind the song is "Please lord won't you help a girl out? All my friends are getting something in this life and I am being left behind. I try Hard. Please? "

3 hours ago, Gill Appleby said:

I will try very hard to do that

Trying very hard, is what trips us up. Relax and beg god for a color TV....... or something else you feel like you deserve and have been working towards while it keeps slipping through your fingers.

Right now I can really relate to this song. My car broke down a few months ago....not worth fixing......baught another car cause I had to do it quick and cheap for lack of funds.....Title is screwed up so I cannot get tags and title......used money from someone else to buy the car....... So.....still no car.... no money to get this cars issue resolved......borrowed money from family for a car I cannot do anything with......they are mad......I am Frustrated.......

So......  "OH LORD, won't you by me a Mercedes Benz......."   "Worked hard all my Life.....No Help from my Friends......."   "Oh, Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz....."