Rate this topic

Whenever i listen to a (*auto edit*) baritone i just want to fall asleep. Baritone singing sounds so boring. It's the biggest curse ever. God gave you a great deep voice yet you can't (*auto edit*) use it for singing. I would sacrifice my whole family for a tenor singing voice and i'm not exaggerating. Tenor voices sound (*auto edit*)  amazing. Super interesting. My baritone voice sounds like shit. Singing a D4 is hard for me. I can't believe. Can reach G5 in falsetto but it means nothing. I want to be  able to (*auto edit*) reach it in chest voice. Might kill myself i'm serious.

Well, first of all, let’s relax. Way too serious.

Second, why did you say this?

1 hour ago, DisgustingVoice said:

God gave you a great deep voice yet you can't (*auto edit*) use it for singing. 

And this?

Tenor voices sound (*auto edit*)  amazing. Super interesting. 

Start training, and you can sing high. It will take a lot of special training, but it can be done.

it takes a lot of special training for tenors too. 

Your biggest problem isn’t your voice , it’s the simple fact that you will not make the training commitment required to do it. That’s your problem. It’s on you man, not your voice .

Stop whining, real singers don’t do that either.

19 minutes ago, Gsoul82 said:

Well, first of all, let’s relax. Way too serious.

Second, why did you say this?

And this?

A baritone speaking voice is great (although Bass is better for that), however for singing it's the worst thing ever.

8 minutes ago, Robert Lunte said:

Start training, and you can sing high. It will take a lot of special training, but it can be done.

it takes a lot of special training for tenors too. 

Your biggest problem isn’t your voice , it’s the simple fact that you will not make the training commitment required to do it. That’s your problem. It’s on you man, not your voice .

Stop whining, real singers don’t do that either.

It takes lots of effort for me to even reach a D4.

I have no sense of what a note is so when i sing a normal song i usually sing it an octave lower. At least that's what i did until recently. I found out through an app luckily. So for years i've only used my lower register. Getting to a C4 was hard for me until two weeks ago.

45 minutes ago, DisgustingVoice said:

I have no sense of what a note is so when i sing a normal song i usually sing it an octave lower. At least that's what i did until recently. I found out through an app luckily. So for years i've only used my lower register. Getting to a C4 was hard for me until two weeks ago.

Think about how you’re framing that. You are singing a “normal song” an octave lower. Songs are built for that singer’s voice. What’s normal for them isn’t normal for you. That even goes for two people with the same voice type. 

A baritone speaking voice is great (although Bass is better for that), however for singing it's the worst thing ever.

Yeah, you’re essentially repeating yourself though, lol.  Why are they bad for singing? 

5 minutes ago, Gsoul82 said:

Think about how you’re framing that. You are singing a “normal song” an octave lower. Songs are built for that singer’s voice. What’s normal for them isn’t normal for you. That even goes for two people with the same voice type. 

Yeah, you’re essentially repeating yourself though, lol.  Why are they bad for singing? 

A baritone voice is bad because it sounds too boring and quite monotone while tenors sound more colorful.

Man there is no tenor or baritone range. If you can’t sing a D4 then you would suck equally as a tenor, maybe at D#4. Plenty of tenors can’t sing high it’s a matter of skill.

48 minutes ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

Guess no one told that to Coverdale...

Or Scott Weiland, Sully Ema, Peter Gabriel, Aaron Lewis, Chris Martin, Dean Martin, Ivan Moody, Jim Morrison Greg Graffin, Jimi Hendrix, Marcus Mumford, Wille Valo, Eddie Vedder, Levi Stubbs, Paul Simon...Hell, the list goes on. "Mick Jagger; John Lennon, Chris Martin, Bruce Springsteen, Liam Gallagher, etc." was already said before contradicting the statement with  "a baritone voice is bad because..." 

@DisgustingVoice, If you're not willing to learn and train, then are you here simply to troll? The claims in your first post suggest that, on a Tristan level. Why are you here?

3 minutes ago, Draven Grey said:

Or Scott Weiland, Sully Ema, Peter Gabriel, Aaron Lewis, Chris Martin, Dean Martin, Ivan Moody, Jim Morrison Greg Graffin, Jimi Hendrix, Marcus Mumford, Wille Valo, Eddie Vedder, Levi Stubbs, Paul Simon...Hell, the list goes on. "Mick Jagger; John Lennon, Chris Martin, Bruce Springsteen, Liam Gallagher, etc." was already said before contradicting the statement with  "a baritone voice is bad because..." 

@DisgustingVoice, If you're not willing to learn and train, then are you here simply to troll? The claims in your first post suggest that, on a Tristan level. Why are you here?

Most of them sing in tenor ranges and all of them would be better off as tenors.

2 hours ago, Electric said:

Man there is no tenor or baritone range. If you can’t sing a D4 then you would suck equally as a tenor, maybe at D#4. Plenty of tenors can’t sing high it’s a matter of skill.

If i were a tenor, i could easily sing these notes.

1 minute ago, DisgustingVoice said:

Thats what most tenors think before learning to how to use their mid-high range :)

8 minutes ago, DisgustingVoice said:

Not guaranteed at all! And you would have other challenges you don't have as a baritone.

2 minutes ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

And some *boring* baritone range stuff for your appreciation:

I really do not want to sound like i'm hating on Baritones for no reason. It's just that overall i consider tenors to be superior.

10 hours ago, DisgustingVoice said:

It takes lots of effort for me to even reach a D4.

And that is part of your problem. It is not about "Effort" singing the notes. It is more about relaxing muscles that get in the way. It is said that Singing in headvoice actually takes less effort and Air than using falsetto. Trying too hard brings more muscles that are not needed and gives less control to ones that are needed. 

You are actually beating yourself up for the wrong reason. High Baritones and baritones in general are the ones that have more character in their voices than true Tenors. They have more frequencies that can be generated and controlled.

Let's take a few tenors, Peter Cetera, Steve Perry, Christopher cross, Geddy Lee....... Just try to imagine them singing anything from Aerosmyth, Deep Purple, Bad Company, Bob Seger, ...... Most of the time to get any thickness to the voice they have to use some kind of distortion or doubling of the vocal track in the recording.

Baritones can sing those high notes, it is a matter of training to get control over your voice and tenors have the same problems when it comes to the passaggio notes. Sure it may seem easier when your full voice already sounds like falsetto but you get more control with the full voice than you can get with falsetto.

And on that note( pun intended) If you can sing an E5 in falsetto you can sing an E5 in full voice(full being connected head voice, not meaning shouting).

7 hours ago, DisgustingVoice said:

I think your perception is a little mixed up. You just said up there that you want to sing a G5 in chest voice, as if that’s what tenors do. I’m not an almanac of singing excellence, but I don’t know any full-grown man with two nuts to his name who is doing that, lol