DisgustingVoice

I really hate myself for not being able to sing better

Rate this topic

I know you all don't want to hear this negativity. I'm sorry. I've been singing for over 3 years now. Yet i'm so unsatisfied with everything. I feel i could be better and better and that there is some magic secret that i haven't discoverd yet. I always feel that i'm overrating myself. I can sing decent low notes and my falsetto is getting better although it needs improvment. Overall i'm happy with my voice. My main problem are the high notes. I've always neglected them in the past because i was a beginner and sang low. Now i try but it gets really hard. I always feel like i could have sung it better and better. Also when i found out that i was a baritone it was a bitter pill to swallow. Now i'm not sure. I'm 20. Should i stop singing or can i still improve my singing?

You need to get out of hopelessness and find a good singing teacher. If you really want to figure it out it can be done, there is a way. I strugglef A LOT to get high notes (trust me I felt bad about it for very long) but ultimately I did figure it out because I never gave up

Just now, Electric said:

You need to get out of hopelessness and find a good singing teacher. If you really want to figure it out it can be done, there is a way. I strugglef A LOT to get high notes (trust me I felt bad about it for very long) but ultimately I did figure it out because I never gave up

How high do you get without using falsetto? How high do you get in chest voice? And how high could you get in the beginning?

When I started singing I struggled past C4 and could only sing it very loudly like a shout, and I could push my voice to F4 with a lot of strain and G4 it would sound choked. So realistically I couldn’t really ”sing” past C4 that well. Now I can belt a strong C5 in chest, and mix range is about the same (strong chesty mix). And then a headier mix (still sounds chesty) I have taken up past C5 but I don’t really master it yet but it goes beyond E5. It took me way longer than it should have to figure it out partially because of misguided advice that kept me spinning my wheels for like 2 years. And I’m also a baritone.

trust me it can be done but it can be really tricky to learn to do something that you can’t do at all, like wiggling your ears where do you start? I figured it out by using CVT and finding the ”curbing” mode. I learned how to keep my vocal folds together as I go up in pitch.

watch this

1 minute ago, Electric said:

When I started singing I struggled past C4 and could only sing it very loudly like a shout, and I could push my voice to F4 with a lot of strain and G4 it would sound choked. So realistically I couldn’t really ”sing” past C4 that well. Now I can belt a strong C5 in chest, and mix range is about the same (strong chesty mix). And then a headier mix (still sounds chesty) I have taken up past C5 but I don’t really master it yet but it goes beyond E5. It took me way longer than it should have to figure it out partially because of misguided advice that kept me spinning my wheels for like 2 years. And I’m also a baritone.

trust me it can be done but it can be really tricky to learn to do something that you can’t do at all, like wiggling your ears where do you start? I figured it out by using CVT and finding the ”curbing” mode. I learned how to keep my vocal folds together as I go up in pitch.

watch this

I have a similar problem. How old are you now?

24. At 20 you have a lot of time to figure it out and it really doesn’t have to take years at all if you get the right instruction. Of course getting world-class is gonna take everyone years

I can add that figuring out upper chest is the first step, actually singing b3-d#4 and maybe e4 correctly is not something that people talk about a lot but for me I had to learn how to sing these notes first and then mix. It’s actually quite common to not have a well functioning upper chest I an helping two of my friends sing and they both struggle past b3 like I did

Further replies on this topic is temporarily disabled.