Sign in to follow this  
larsog

Vocal training software

Rate this topic

Hi. I just found this forum and have a question about software for singing. I have looked at a coule of programs but not sure if they are suited for me. The intention was to have it possible to record and hear the song to compare whats good an whats bad. And alo training and instructions. The software I have found so far is "eMedia Singing Method" and "EarMaster 7". Probably the "eMedia Singing Method" got the best Balance for my demands between those two. Witch one would be the better one and are there another high rocommended software out there at the same pricerange

For training your voice, you can't beat the course linked to at the bottom of this page, The Four Pillars of Singing. No app is going to give you a solid training course too, beyond the very basics. And no course is going to beat training with a vocal coach who knows how to get you the results you want. And I would add, there's no other course out there that beats The Four Pillars of Singing (I don't get paid to say that, and I have plenty of critique for most of the popular courses out there, most of which I've taken). I recommend checking out that course, and possibly getting an app like Smule's Sing Karaoke app. That app shows you your pitch as you sing, and has a great community behind it. I often recommend it to help my students overcome stage fright. And if you're looking to train in pitch specifically, I highly recommend Holistic Songwriting's 30-day Ear Training course on pitch.

Thanks for the reply and your advice. 

Looks like those courses are online and that is a problem because I depend on mobilenetwork to gett netacsess much of the time. So I need to be able to use the coures offline so I don't get robbed by the mobile company.