DisgustingVoice

Will injecting testoreone have a negative impact on my voice?

Rate this topic

Hey. I'm thinking about injecting testoreone to cure my depression. The only thing that keeps me from injecting is the fear that my voice might have a negative impact from it. I'm already a baritone (sadly), which means i can reach low notes pretty easily without any effort but hitting any note above D4 in chest voice takes a lot of effort. It's like climbing a very high mountain. My voice almost means more to me than my life however my lack of testoreone is ruining my life. So what should i do? Should i sacrifice my life or should i sacrifice my voice?

Who told you you are lacking in testosterone? A real doctor or a video on youtube?  

Don't inject anything. There is an herb called St. Johns wart that can be found in most supermarkets and pharmacies that helps with depression.

Why are you depressed? Bad Job, Love problems and general negative situations? That is called life. We do not get what we want out of it, we make the best with what we have and work to make things better.

37 minutes ago, MDEW said:

Who told you you are lacking in testosterone? A real doctor or a video on youtube?  

Don't inject anything. There is an herb called St. Johns wart that can be found in most supermarkets and pharmacies that helps with depression.

Why are you depressed? Bad Job, Love problems and general negative situations? That is called life. We do not get what we want out of it, we make the best with what we have and work to make things better.

I'm not sure if i lack testosterone. Main reasons i want to take testosterone is that i'm feeling low energy all the time and i constantly feel tired despite getting lots of sleep. I feel like injecting would help me with this.

35 minutes ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

About the hormone talk to your doctor. About the issue with singing, take lessons.

My main fear is that my voice might become too deep and i won't be able to sing high anymore.

40 minutes ago, DisgustingVoice said:

I'm not sure if i lack testosterone. Main reasons i want to take testosterone is that i'm feeling low energy all the time and i constantly feel tired despite getting lots of sleep. I feel like injecting would help me with this.

Have you even went to the doctor and have that checked out? It might be your thyroid but you need to get checked out to see what's wrong.

2 hours ago, The Future Vocalist said:

Have you even went to the doctor and have that checked out? It might be your thyroid but you need to get checked out to see what's wrong.

Doctors consider most t levels normal unless they are really, really low.  So i was only interested in the consequences for the voice.

23 minutes ago, DisgustingVoice said:

Doctors consider most t levels normal unless they are really, really low.  So i was only interested in the consequences for the voice.

Where would you even get the idea of low T levels? A tv commercial trying to sell medication? There are so many other things that can cause low energy and depression. Just thinking about my overdue phone bill depresses and drains the life out of me.

42 minutes ago, MDEW said:

Where would you even get the idea of low T levels? A tv commercial trying to sell medication? There are so many other things that can cause low energy and depression. Just thinking about my overdue phone bill depresses and drains the life out of me.

I've been interested in it for a while and i think i would benefit from it in almost every area except the voice.

Medical Studies show that taking Testosterone does not noticeably affect the voice after puberty, but there are plenty of horrible negative side effects besides that. Hormonal supplements should only be taken under the advice and monitoring of a medical professional. And taking hormones is rarely the answer for the results you're wanting without there first being a tested and known deficiency. 

As for you thinking that being a baritone is what's limiting your vocal range, we have told you many times, you need to train. Take lessons with a teacher that knows how to get you where you want to go with your voice. It's completely ridiculous, ignorant, and totally unnecessary for you to continue to be defeatist about a limited voice range, magically caused by being a baritone, and not be doing something about it that has been advised multiple times by singing professionals and many others who have overcome similar limitations.

10 minutes ago, Draven Grey said:

Medical Studies show that taking Testosterone does not noticeably affect the voice after puberty, but there are plenty of horrible negative side effects besides that. Hormonal supplements should only be taken under the advice and monitoring of a medical professional. And taking hormones is rarely the answer for the results you're wanting without there first being a tested and known deficiency. 

As for you thinking that being a baritone is what's limiting your vocal range, we have told you many times, you need to train. Take lessons with a teacher that knows how to get you where you want to go with your voice. It's completely ridiculous, ignorant, and totally unnecessary for you to continue to be defeatist about a limited voice range, magically caused by being a baritone, and not be doing something about it that has been advised multiple times by singing professionals and many others who have overcome similar limitations.

I've calmed down a bit when it comes to my voice type. My main problem with it was the sound rather than the range anyway. I'm not sure if at my age, 20, puberty has already ended though.

On 16/03/2018 at 9:18 PM, DisgustingVoice said:

Doctors consider most t levels normal unless they are really, really low.

Yeah, silly doctors and their medicine thing...

Have you listened to Haendel's Messiah?  Dude, those Baritones singing tenor parts sound awesome. 

On 3/17/2018 at 2:43 AM, Draven Grey said:

Can you link the studies please?

Dude, just stop right there. There are shitloads of ways to increase your testosterone naturally, thus avoiding the nasty collateral effects that come along artificial hormone intake.

Do you really think shrinking your dick will help with your alleged depression?