Request to know more about the recent TVS distortion findings

Rate this topic

akarawd

• Administrator

Currently we are offering a lecture & tutorial with demonstration on how to achieve two kinds of distortion. It is an introduction to what will be a broader exploration and demonstration later. For my current clients, they receive this tutorial video as well as personal instruction, which is really best for distortion. When you become a client, I can share more with you.

Even if you did tell me, I wouldn't be able to understand how to implement it unless I took lessons from you, I was just asking 'cause it's the TVS forum.

For example, when I first saw your vids I thought "why's this guy mewing ? maybe he likes cows a lot" but then I took the lessons with you and

I understood there's a whole school of thought behind it.

Anyhow, thanks for the offer.

Thanos

• Administrator

This is not the TVS Forum... it is the TMV Forum. It is here for all singers, all schools and all ideas. Nice try Thanos... as far as "mewing" I dont know what your talking about... but i do remember you, your the Greek that took like 2 internet lessons from me and then I never heard from you again, right? You NEVER really seriously trained with me.

I think Thanos was simply trying to be funny and speaking light and casually. Vocal exercises CAN be funny. Mew is funny if you think about it. So is Gug, Mum, nay, yay, brrrr, ... all that stuff. I've been caught doing this shit in public and the first few times I felt very embarassed. Now I don't think the slightest about doing a hee-yah with a power dump, red face and my tongue sticking out as cars pass me by in the street. Respect!

• Administrator

No one has been told to "shut up" by people yelling out windows, more then I through the years. There is no doubt, vocal training requires you to make silly sounds... thats part of the experience.

This is why its a good idea practice with privacy if you can.

your the Greek that took like 2 internet lessons from me and then I never heard from you again, right?

And I can assure you that after your way of talking to me today and not apologizing you have eliminated any chance of training with you again.

Assuming I'm a secret supporter of some school of singing is just pathetic and insulting BUT

I won't perpetuate this situation and will answer no more in this "Request ..." thread.

• Administrator

Why is that offensive, "your the Greek that took like 2 internet lessons from me and then I never heard from you again, right?"... ?? I dont get? I dont want to offend you Thanos, I just want to be clear that some of the "vibe" that we experienced last year did not repeat. Im a little bit on guard with you Thanos, Ill admit and I wish it wasnt the situation but its not just entirely my delusional imagination.

I should of given you the benefit of the doubt this morning and not jumped to conclusions. Hopefully we can start over and know that it is not my intent to be offensive.

I consider both Robert and Thanos to be great "interenet" friends. It is now that I will reveal the angel. It is Thanos who sent to me, when I would not and could not afford it, the mic rig and USB interface that I now have. In fact, we had an endurance test going on. He had ordered it from a german website and it must have shipped on dolphin-back to get here. Funny little side story. I was working so my wife had to pick it up from our local post office. She drives a 2008 Pontiac G-5 (looks like the Chevy Cobalt.) I call her "granny in the hot rod." Anyway, it was a struggle to fit this in her car and get back home, which tightened up her schedule for getting to work.

Having corresponded with Thanos through email, I don't think he's disingenuous, though some might say I am prejudiced by having received this gift from him.

But I also get a gist of Robert's personality from his posting here and I don't think he's racist or xenophobic for saying greek guy. I tell others that I received the mic rig from a guy in Greece or "this greek guy I know from the vocalist forum." Granted, leaving the word "greek" out might have been better editing.

Robert is a good friend to have here with the dearth of information he has shared in these threads. And he has been, I think, unfairly targeted in the past. Either from the desire of others to have a flame war or they feel they didn't get what they were looking for out of his system. I can also understand his need to make money from his work. At the company I work for, we cannot afford to work for free. For some clients, we offer a discount on an item. For most pool builders that we do electric for, we install the cleaner pump for free. In electrical for an outside arbor, we will had a plug that is near to the homerun of pipe and wire at cost. But there is a limit.

Let's say that I wanted to sound like Steve Perry. And trained with Lunte. And ended up never sounding like Steve Perry. And decided that Lunte did not provide me with what I want. Well, that would be because I have an unrealistic expectation. He could teach me to phonate and resonate like Steve Perry but I don't have the same size and skull shape of bony cavities and neurology in my throat to sound like Steve Perry, regardless of with whomever I could train.

But also, I wouldn't expect Lunte to just lay out all of his techniques and lessons for free. The ones that he does release are what's called in business a "loss leader." You give away that item at a loss because it will bring in more business, later. And everyone has to eat.

Heinlein said it best in his experiences as as writer. No one would ask Henry Ford for a free car. Or Smith and Wesson for a free gun. But will ask a writer for a free sample of material. Or free knowledge on the craft. I have bought books on singing. So, I have paid the price for the material to be learned. And could expect lessons if I paid for them. Just as back when I had lots of money, I paid for and received lessons in Tae Kwon Do and Aiki-jujutsu.

I think "TVS" was a misprint, a gaffe, a mistake, a freudian slip. And I can see Lunte being gunshy, as well. I grew up in some rough neighborhoods. To this day, when I hear something that even sounds like a gunshot, I immediately duck and cover. That's how you live another day.

So, I think it's misunderstandings all around and hope everyone is cool.