I am new, cover of a Beatles song

• TMV World Legacy Member

Nicely done. I thought I heard a few flat notes but it might have been the mix. You were strong on the finish. And the syncopation in the vocal melody was a nice touch. Makes it yours, rather than a mechanical reproduction. And I think you had some nice transitions between low and high notes.

ronws

thank you!!! I plan on putting more up. I don't have any recording equipment right now so I use a karaoke site to practice on, lol

I still have some trouble finding " my voice " I guess but I just started as a lead singer in a classic rock band and I still have trouble remembering the lyrics to all the songs. I really do appreciate your comment I look forward to more in the future.

Scott

• TMV World Member

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b9ea4fb0

I have only been singing for about 4 years, but please let me know what you think.

Scott Connor: Style was good, and level of intensity was just right.

I did hear a few things that IMO can be improved. I hope this is the kind of feed-back you are seeking:

There is a tendency to tune flat after just transitioning up to the top, or down to the middle voice. These need some attention, best by singing the song quite slowly until every note is spot-on accurately intoned. One of McCartney's musical gifts was his ability to sing accurately without sounding 'studied'. To really make this cover top-notch, the attention to detail will need to happen in your practice.

Also, and perhaps this was intended, but the accompanyment is going just a bit faster than you are, as if you are not quite able to keep the tempo. This could be something as simple as needing a slightly louder accompanyment mix, so you can hear it better. Alternatively, you could set up a metronome with a visual beat (not an audible one) so you can see the tempo even when its not audibly reinforced in the accompanyment. This will get better with practice.

Keep up the good work!

Best Regards, Steven Fraser

• 2 weeks later...

you sing about as long as I do ...

but this .... is great :o

did you take lessons?

I also tried yesterday, but I'm not really happy with it (maybe it's just me) but you've a nice timbre and I guess you also have the language plus ;)

mmmh, now I have to improve even more ^^