The Vocalist Studio is the BEST

Rate this topic

lustatko

Hey everybody, i must tell you, i´ve purchased THE VOCALIST STUDIO - THE FOUR PILLARS OF SINGING and it´s unbelievable, it works and it´s much much much better than Singing Success, it didn´t help me, but with TVS i feel i´m getting better after every lesson i do with DVDs.. So for those who wants to SING ROCK and wants the best way how to sing better...better...best ... so i recommend TVS .. What do you think? Let´s talk about it ..

Hi,

to discuss what school/style of technique is "better" than another is generally an exercise in pointlessness (though its something we often end up doing here :P) because we all have our opinions that are usually based on our experiences and views on technical issues as well as tastes. the main thing is that you have found a technique that makes sense and works for you and is helping you to achieve your personal goals.

as someone once said " there is more than one way to skin a cat" this analogy can be applied to singing. so although i think its great to recommend a certain school of technique if you have found it to make sense and be helpful for you, there is often little to be gained in debating why its "better" than another (especially with those who study another technique). believe me many of us have done it, myself included :lol: . i think that the main thing to remember is (something i learned myself through amongst other things being part of singing communities like this) that no school of technique is 100% great or 100% bad, there are always things/knowledge that can be gained from just about any technique. what ratio of great/bad with any particular school of technique is generally a personal perspective consisting of, as i said before, personal experiences and views on technical issues and taste.

all the best.

• 2 weeks later...

I also agree that the TVS method is sound and has helped me in my teaching quite a bit. Somehow Robert gets me to "Go For It" a little more than other approaches, and his technical expertise is very helpful. I think in the next year or two a new consensus will emerge about vocal technique and terminology as a result of these discussions at TMV, and I believe Robert will be at the center of it, as usual.

-John

Robert, why the ?

i think its really cool to give recommendations etc and talk about something if it works for you but from my experience on places like here wouldnt you say its rather redundant to have a discussion about whats best?

we might as well have a discussion on whats best- apples or oranges?