You get what you give song- please review

Rate this topic

sideshow

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess explain it because no one understands anything any one says any more. It is all taken out of context and re interpreted and no one gets any where. And if you do have a point to make no one wants to hear it. And I am tired of going around in circles with every one about every little detail that is misinterpreted and twisted to mean something else to where you have to reinterpret your own words to try and get to an understanding. Round and round she goes and where she stops no body knows.....Have at it Sideshow. What are you doing?

The question was not intended as a game! But there are 3 instruments being played in the recording 
1. A piano
2. A flue
3. And my voice humming trying to match the notes of the flute, how well do you think I am on or off the notes of the flute hear?

I am sorry side show, but at this point it does not matter. I have gone around and around with you on one aspect of singing and  training and gone around and around with Felipe on another and around and around with Kicking tone on another. Each a different point and subject matter and each every bit as valid as another's opinion, idea or observation and it does not matter. Even upon agreeing with the opinion or idea as proposed by the others and bringing up a point for discussion, it is not discussed but dismissed because I am not a credible source of information or ideas. 

I could give an opinion but music is just a concept interpreted differently from different people and I am not trained so my view is tainted from not being formally trained and because I have an idea that one could use some type of training my view is tainted from a personal aesthetic view that is skewed away from having an instinctual insight into singing.

I really wish I could help but I am not qualified to have an opinion. Thanks for posting your audio file. I will use it wisely.

Evidently I do have opinions. I have shared them with you before and you ignored them. Instead of understanding what I suggested  and listening to your self and another singer to hear the difference for yourself, you wanted a piece of sheet music to view.

It is ironic that you mention "Tone Deafness" because it is not pitch that is your particular nemisis but TONE.  Usually while people are working on "Pitch", "Tone" is improving also. For some of us it is just as important to work on our "TONE". Some would say "support" "Cord Closure" or "Vowel Placement" and that does work for a lot of singers but some of us need other means to interpret and produce the difference in tone that meets approval to the population of listeners.

But it is just an opinion so.... there you go.

Pitch always needs worked on. It is not something you get and then forget about. To get an Idea of "YOUR" tone is for you to listen to your own recording like it was someone else singing and then give your opinion like you would to the other singer. You had no difficulty telling a 12 year old that she was off pitch and needed support. And you had no difficulty telling another singer to give an audio file that you could listen to and give opinions of her singing. You need to do the same with yourself and be honest.

2 minutes ago, sideshow said:

This makes no sence! But those are 2 entirely different things all together

Support and cord closure are like 2 sides of the same coin. Support aids cord closure and cord closure aids support. Vowel placement is like using the placement of the Vibration of the vowel "In the mask" to aid in Vocal production. 

But what do you think of it then, if I continue with this song and put words to the notes and post back; then could you give me a yes or no if I am tone deaf or not?

5 minutes ago, MDEW said:

Support and cord closure are like 2 sides of the same coin. Support aids cord closure and cord closure aids support. Vowel placement is like using the placement of the Vibration of the vowel "In the mask" to aid in Vocal production. 

Support is done in the belly, closer is done in the voice box and valves are done in the mouth, all 3 completly different things

2 minutes ago, sideshow said:

But what do you think of it then, if I continue with this song and put words to the notes and post back; then could you give me a yes or no if I am tone deaf or not?

Support is done in the belly, closer is done in the voice box and valves are done in the mouth, all 3 completly different things

Support is adding or Managing breath pressure. The better cord compression you have the more the air will be pressurized in your lungs. cord closure is like a when you put a finger over a water hose to make the water shoot farther. The better cord closure you have the louder and fuller your sound will be.

And here we go again. I am giving good information and it is being questioned. Enough. Check into what I am saying.

30 minutes ago, sideshow said:

and what is that then?

You can hear it in other peoples voices. When someone posts a clip and you respond, you tell them whether they are sharp, flat or too breathy or that they are using falsetto instead of a full voice tone. If you can tell when listening to other peoples voices, then you can tell when you are doing the same things. Listen to your own voice and tell yourself whether it is too breathy or lacks support or that you are using a falsetto sound instead of a full voice sound.

In this recording you are humming the notes and you are not on pitch. You are getting close to the pitch but you are not on pitch. Even in your humming you are using a falsetto sound. Not a solid sound that would help with your tone. The song you are humming to is out of your pitch range. Work on the notes below G4 for a while to get your tone straightened out and put on some clothes. The neighbors are complaining.:huh:

Well lets not beet about the BS I mean BS about the dush MD!

The reason for my early return hear was because I had just finished a week of fooling on the jimmy shit for brains and wanted to post back to see if what they where saying about me was true

The first thing I did was take screen shots as photos incase the site decided to prevert the cource of justice and cover the evidance by removing said post, so in the first image I have uploaded see how I have organized the3 job

1.bmp