You get what you give song- please review

Rate this topic

sideshow

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I put up a kylie monouge cover, bad news on my part, remember that this is a jellus little didums job on the high notes and this is the part where he discovers who I am then says there are so many floor in your singing that you can not hear, but he dose not metion any of them because the emporer is wearing no cloths remember

untitled 7.bmp

3 hours ago, sideshow said:

i start off pretending I am a 15yo kid looking for advice on my singing (so they dont know who I am)

untitled.bmp 960.05 kB · 0 downloads

I really don't care who you are. Meaning that it does not matter to me whether you are a big star and earning a lot of money or someone just trying to make a living.. I start out trying to help. And trying to help while being cautious to NOT give a person the idea that they have to quit or they are no good. We are all in different stages of development. If I tell you that you are off pitch you will not believe me or someone else will say pitch is relative and does not matter,

I am not telling you that you suck and to give up. I am telling you that YOU can improve. Maybe in your way of thinking if someone says you can improve and gives ways to improve that means to you they want you to give up.

And I TRY  to be kind and helpful while giving "Advice" or Ideas. THAT changes now. And I truly hate it.  But evidently we are not allowed to be kind or helpful. We have to be adversaries and opponents instead of "Friends" and people who help each other out.

And I was trying to be "Friendly" until you started that crap about the emperors clothes. When people end up treating you like a jerk it is because you started acting like one. 

But the reason I came back hear at so short notice is because I wanted to see if the jimmyshitforbrains was wright about me in part one (i posted before)  AND YOU MD HAVE PROVEN THE JIMMYSHITFORBRAINS WRONG!!!!!!

Now we move to part 2 regarding the aspects of traning. Someone started a thread asking about can they use a DAW to sing above there vocal range and idease where given. Then I came along and said why dont we just train the notes and do the job properly

This idea was quickly dismised by vocal hat steve (who amazinally is not a jerk!). read his comments now that no amount of training can make you hit high notes and become a world class singer

But look at him, he calles him self a vocalist, he looks like he having a skyp phone call or something

untitled 12a.bmp

So I then ask him to prove his point and how no amount of training can improve range and everthing ells, and I ask him to provide evidance of his traning, that way he could say I have had training in the past and from persanol experance it dose not work

But this is when it all turns souere and the big cheif JIMMY BOY steps in!!!

untitled 12b.bmp

tommorow I will go into part 3 about how my next question on this page requesting proof that vocal training dose not work led to my ban from the site, and how all the bullyboys came out with there attacks on me since I am banned I am unable to defend my argument. BEST PART MUST READ!

Anyway someone who dressed like a pop star like hawkings bolex with his mouth wide open and eyes wide shut, with his guitar strap over him, but where is his guitar, where is his mic, where is his music, simple there is non because the emperor is wearing no clothes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes

untitled 12.bmp

Training does work. It works in stages over time. Part of getting it to work is to understand what you are training and why. Another part is figuring out the reason why  you the singer wants to improve. If you want to improve you will record yourself and listen to the recording and determine what you can do to make your singing sound better. Any "Tips" you get are just guides not rules.

If you are training to match the pitch, listen to the recording and pay attention to where it sounds like you sang the same note or if it does not sound like the same note. Work slowly so you have enough time to adjust your voice if it sounds wrong.

So at this point I have been suspended for a week, and this same person (rob) as above, his reply to this question about what he knows about training, is 3 catogries, 1 so terible give up before you make a fool out of your self silly little man, And he is indeed refering to me hear!

untitled 2.bmp

Then micster comes out and says everthing that I am tone deaf hopeless. and apparently its a totch subject is singing that if we turn round to someone and tell them they suck they are a sad little looser and pack it all in beofroe you make a fool out of your self silly little man, they get offended

Hay MD, you said before that you are in eastern time, and from your photo you look like you are from the south, any chance you could pay him a visit for me, and in return if there is anyone you want knocking over the head on this side of the pond then im ya sideshow!

Now the above person claims he gave someone 3 notes in a lesson and they could not match them, so he is refering to him self as a vocal coach and his student was so terible she should give up

untitled 3.bmp

Looks like skype call steve is back claiming he is not a teacher but knows enough about this subject to say we can not add range to our voice

Now the person below has come in stating that there are people that can hit all the notes and everthing ells but just have a terible tone that they should stop, refering to me again. But we discused this MD in another thread

So thats it folks we have enough supporting evidance hear for me to reappear after my weeks ban, any chance you could act as an expert witness MD

untitled 4.bmp

It seems to me that they are not talking about your limitations but their own. They have given up on sounding better. Too bad for them.

I fully admit that I sounded bad. I also admit that do not sound that good. But comparing 3 years ago(and the 20 years or so before that ) and now, the difference is amazing.

Changing your tone is easy.....Finding a tone that others will like also and you can use throughout your range may be a bit hard. But it can be done. Sometimes you have to change the songs you sing not how you sing.

Michael Bolton spent years being a Rock singer and album after album bombed. After 10 years or so he became an "Over night success" after writing and performing A pop ballad "How am I supposed to live without you" 

He did not change HOW he sang but changed WHAT he sang.

4 minutes ago, MDEW said:

It seems to me that they are not talking about your limitations but their own. They have given up on sounding better. Too bad for them.

No I am fairly cetrain (from other visits before) that this is all intended at me (unless you see it otherwise MD). 

So your not keen on this idea about sideshows ya man then! how about we drop the raining man cover, as I have done a nice gimmy gimmy a man by ABBA instead

24 minutes ago, sideshow said:

No I am fairly cetrain (from other visits before) that this is all intended at me (unless you see it otherwise MD). 

So your not keen on this idea about sideshows ya man then! how about we drop the raining man cover, as I have done a nice gimmy gimmy a man by ABBA instead

Even if it was intended for you, it is because of their own limitations. Have you heard the expression "If I can do it anyone can?" Well there is another one that is said "If I could not do it, then it cannot be done." The problem with that one is that it HAS been done, just not by those who say that.

Unless you really want a man...I would not sing "Gimme Gimme a Man" in public. Another aspect of good singing is believability.

7 hours ago, sideshow said:

So they blame there own limitations on me then

Im telling you MD that raining men song sell with all of the audiance 

Does it sell when you are singing it?

29 minutes ago, sideshow said:

I mean when I was singing it live!

No chance any of those assholes on the jimmyshitforbrains are going to attempt a song that goes upto G# 5 now are they

If the audience like it ...keep singing it. This has nothing to do the other forum. Leave them there.