Rate this topic

afornelli

1 hour ago, silly dog said:

So lift up pull back is about pushing the air through the vocal cords and not around them hence creating a breathy tone?

Lift up and pull back is about lightening the mass of the vocal folds , shifting the resonance and raising the soft palate. It has nothing to do with "Pushing air" it is the opposite so you do NOT have to use falsetto and can access full voice with head resonance.

Maybe you have no idea what you are doing but Robert Lunte does know what he is doing and he wants to help others.

1 hour ago, silly dog said:

but there is no metion of that in the video

Because he is explaining how to do it not what the results are or what is happening physically. Some people do not care about the technicalities , they just want to know what to do.

On 12/19/2019 at 9:11 PM, silly dog said:

So lift up pull back is about pushing the air through the vocal cords and not around them hence creating a breathy tone?

I have watched a lot of videos that Robert has about this "Lift up and pull back". In this particular video he does mention "lightening Up" and "opening the vocal folds to allow more air to pass through". BUT, this is ONLY to get through the Passaggio area. The place where people tend to get stuck when starting to sing higher in pitch and moving from a "Chest resonance" to a "Head Resonance", Between E4 and G4 for most male singers. Once through this Passage you close the vocal folds to not allow as much air through. The idea is to back off the volume a bit and allow the vocal folds and Adams apple to recoordinate for the high notes.

22 hours ago, MDEW said:

The place where people tend to get stuck when starting to sing higher in pitch and moving from a "Chest resonance" to a "Head Resonance", Between E4 and G4 for most male singers.

Really! well if I told you I got stuck between F to B then how deeply harterned would you be?

11 minutes ago, silly dog said:

Between E4 and G4 for most male singers.

11 minutes ago, silly dog said:

Really! well if I told you I got stuck between F to B then how deeply harterned would you be?

Most male singers means not all of them.  It would not harter me at all.

28 minutes ago, silly dog said:

no you mentioned naselness and the soft pallet which is created in the mouth and nothing to do with the big cheefs video BTW

I did not mention naselness. Raising the soft palate closes off the nasal passage and cuts out the nasal quality.

There are several different videos from Robert about "Lift up and Pull Back" giving different explanations of how to do this. Why? because of people not understanding the idea behind it and asking questions that have nothing to do with the idea.

Part of the problem with passing from "Chest Voice" to "Head voice" is too much compression or too much of a grip on the vocal folds. The idea is to loosen up a little on the vocal folds and people tend to loosen up a little when told to allow more air to pass through. Adding air is not the goal, loosening the grip on the vocal folds without letting go completely is the goal.

26 minutes ago, silly dog said:

still nothing to do with naselness and the soft pallet though!

Lift Up and Pull Back......everything about soft palate. "Lift Up" the soft palate. "And Pull Back" send resonance behind the soft palate. Lift up and pull back.

2 minutes ago, silly dog said:

again as said before i do not hear any of this mentioned in the video

But you are now saying lift up pull back is about lifting up the soft pallet, do you have anything to prove this?

I Tried to explain before. There are other videos about this. They do not say exactly the same thing because people focus on the wrong things. Teachers use different ways to present the same ideas because 1.  You cannot see what the vocal folds and soft palate are doing. 2. You have to guide the voice through sensations and abstract ideas. 3. What works for one person does not work for all as far as following sensations. One person may believe he is Lifting the soft palate when he is really gripping the vocal folds more. So you switch "Ideas" and tell them to let a little air through....this helps some singers to stop gripping the vocal folds too much.

Another video on "Lift up and pull back" may not mention allowing "More air to bleed through" at all and just mention the soft palate and moving the resonance to the back of the throat.