Rate this topic

Ruslan

That’s a blend of the chest voice with the head voice, and with the help of that technique you are able to hit high notes without pushing up you chest (shouting) and to produce strong sound that doesn’t sound light like head voice does :)

33 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

That’s a blend of the chest voice with the head voice, and with the help of that technique you are able to hit high notes without pushing up you chest (shouting) and to produce strong sound that doesn’t sound light like head voice does :)

1 hour ago, kickingtone said:

Can I hear "head tones" and "chest tones" at the same time? Yes.

It is more evident towards the end of the clip.

head tones ---> "head voice"

chest tones ---> "chest voice"

at the same time ---> blend

more evident ---> more obvious

towards end of clip --> second half of your video

:)

The expression, "mixed voice", really relates to a method of teaching vocals.

With classical singing, for example, and some other teaching methods, you are NOT taught separate "head voice" and "chest voice".

You DON'T start with different voices and then learn to "mix" them. Instead, you start with a small range of balanced notes, and learn to extend your balanced range.

In a balanced note, you will hear resonances that are associated with the head (head tones) and chest (chest tones). But they are not called "voices". They are part of one balanced voice.

That is why I used slightly different words to the words that you used.

In some contemporary vocal methodologies, you learn to sing with different registers separately, and later "blend" them together. :)

I don't know that methodology, so I can't definitely answer from that perspective.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 12:13 PM, Ruslan said:

It sounds full enough, and has the held back character that *mix* usually gets.

The question is then: is it allowing you to singing the high notes in the way you want? Is it comfortable?

If Yes, ok it's what you want. If No, it's not. On the way you are doing, it probably will feel a lot like shouting to go higher but this is not necessarily bad...

If you want give it a go on the chat it is easier to work these practical aspects in there.