Is there a TMV glossary of terms? Cuz that would be swell!

mthms1111

... and blackstar. Your femininity has been noted and I hope you accept my apologies. :) . Your last post was also very good and worthy of a reputation point. Have a nice one!

I didn't know there was reputation points, how do you give them? And thanks!!!

Bob, I totally understand that you think CVT is confusing. Before I got the book, I went to the forum, read the CVT summary on the webiste and was totally lost, but after buying it, it makes so much sense to me!!! If you do get the chance, get the book. You won't regret it! The only thing I don't like about CVT is that it doesn't give you a trainig program per se, it gives you exercises for specific things, and then you have to work your way through that. But I understand that they did it like that because not everybody needs to work on the same things or wishes the same kind of sound... But like jonpall said, this is not a book review ;)

Anyways, I think that most techniques can improve your voice, and though I have used few techniques, I think we can all get great things from all of them...

jonpall - you didn't include my statement right before my definitions. I was offering my definitions for lack of any translation of terms. This is how the opera singer who studied CVT defined them, and it helped me understand CVT so much better than trying to understand what everyone on the forum was saying. I wish I could find that video again - but he defined CVT in Bel Canto terms which was immensly helpful to me - and I'm sure others who come from that type of training. Of course you can sing curbing throughout your whole range. You can also sing neutral throughout your entire range. But in Bel Canto - they DO teach a way to sing in different parts of the range.

Ok, sorry, now I understand you better :)

Bob, I totally understand that you think CVT is confusing. Before I got the book, I went to the forum, read the CVT summary on the webiste and was totally lost, but after buying it, it makes so much sense to me!!! If you do get the chance, get the book. You won't regret it! The only thing I don't like about CVT is that it doesn't give you a trainig program per se, it gives you exercises for specific things, and then you have to work your way through that. But I understand that they did it like that because not everybody needs to work on the same things or wishes the same kind of sound... But like jonpall said, this is not a book review ;)

Anyways, I think that most techniques can improve your voice, and though I have used few techniques, I think we can all get great things from all of them...

thanks blackstar, i toy with buying it i'm just afraid that i'll end up trying to comply too much with the modes and end up losing the technique i'm finally starting to feel.

thanks blackstar, i toy with buying it i'm just afraid that i'll end up trying to comply too much with the modes and end up losing the technique i'm finally starting to feel.

Well, at least in my case, it helped simplify things a lot more. To me, it's easier to understand when things are organized into 4 different modes to which you can then add different sound colors, effects and mix them all up. It's like you have a break-down of all the elements of the voice and then you can mix them up to create your own sound. But I'm sure other techniques/books can get the same results, and obviously a great teacher!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived