Need some help (Coldplay - Clocks)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi, this song is easily in my range. Notice at the beginning of some verses I strain a little. I'm not constricting but I my voice gets shaky. It's not even that high (D# above middle C). At the bridge of the song I was supposed to sing the first two words in falsetto "and nothing" but I forgot and tried to sing them in full voice so sorry about that. Also during the bridge the word "compares" which I think goes up to F4 is obviously shaky as well. What should I do to be more consistent? I'm pretty sure I'm supporting well. Also let me know what you think about my tone and all that.

http://www.box.net/shared/j2a4ygzssq

I think you ve got a great perspectives as a vocalist. Too many moments of the song you are out of tune (focus on it). You should hit the sounds more "subtlety".

Work on your voice control.

Best R

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

If you are indeed supporting well, that is holding breath back instead of pushing it forth, then the shaky voice probably comes from yourself pulling chest.

Ok I listened to it. The end is more or less what I would expect from a chest puller : Your pitch was all over the place, your voice sounded strained. You need to learn to let your voice lighten as you ascend the scale, instead of pushing. You're not fighting against your voice, let it guide you instead ;)

A good way to work on that are sirens, to which you can try to add a cry/plaintive sound. When there are breaks (there will be), just come back to this region and add more cry.

Your tone is good, apart from this :)

Why aren't days 32 hours long ? <_<

Thanks for listening. There is a lighter overdrive on the vowel EH that to me is the "sweet spot" but I haven't worked that in the song yet. But actually at the beginning of the verses I find slightly dropping the larynx for very helpful for not breaking.

Archived