Why Can't I Do Vibrato

Rate this topic

Hello, I am a 17-year-old who was been singing basically since birth and has been in actual Choral Programs since 4th grade (about 8 years). 

As I got older more and more of my peers (especially other girls) gained the ability to put naturally beautiful vibrato into their songs and solos. 

I have been a Soprano 1 in the choirs I've been involved in for a little over 5 1/2 years. Through the years my directors have given us exercises to help us get more comfortable with doing vibrato and making it sound better but as far as I know NOTHING has changed for me. I also know that weight has a contributing factor in the sound (especially resonance) of one's voice I am not a small/thin girl I am about average healthy weight but still smaller than the other Sopranos, could this be a reason why mine is not as developed as theirs?

There have been 1 or 2 times when it sneaks out and sounds lovely but no matter how many exercises I do I can't get it to appear "on command" without it sounding like an 8-year-old who thinks she's Beyonce. 

What am I doing wrong? Is there any hope for me?