Please review: Tyrese - Lately (RnB cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

I don't even listen to R & B as a rule and I liked this one. Well done. And yes, I am guilty of supporting the efforts of others without much criticism. Sometimes, you just get it right and there's no need to "prove" my knowledge, etc. I don't have to "critique" just because this is the critique section. I don't even have to ask you if you think that you need some improvement on something. Because I am not afraid to say when someone gets it right and does a great job. It happens, law of averages, and so forth. So, that put's me further down the road on the highway to Hell. It's a nice, wide road. I have been to Hell before and I don't expect people to understand that and it's okay. I even have my own marked parking space down there. And I am rambling on something else, please forgive me.

You've got a voice like velvet. Smooth. This is a song someone could conceive a family while listening to. I don't even know what you are doing here, instead of recording and making big ole chunks of change. Again, this is not even my style of music and I like it. And the mix was right. The vocals were in the song, rather than above it or in addition to it. Don't change a thing and do it some more. Ancient engineering principle - if it works, don't fix it.

Thanks for your reply ronws! I'm really trying to get to a more advanced/professional level and being more consistent in my performance. If anyone else has any other feedback for me, please feel free to address!

Very well sung. Really fits the genre, I'd say. Nothing that sticks out to me that I'd suggest to you to improve. You might want to add slightly more reverb to your voice or something to make your voice sit in the mix slightly better. It's not mixed poorly, it just could be mixed slightly better and you're so close to having a very professional sounding clip there. If you're having trouble with breath control I suggest you search for "support" on this forum using the search feature, but it's not really obvious, at least to me, that you're having problems with support.

Archived