who's got suggestions of impressive, challenging songs male/female

Rate this topic

carynmoss

Would love to just keep a large list for whatever comes up.

Showcasing & such.

All Genres Male & Female songs

Would be curious who's suggestions will top others

Almost could be a fun game

carrymoss

what a fun suggestion!!

how 'bout we also tell why we think it's difficult?

here's one i consider a tough one

it requires so much to pull this off...breath control and support, power, range, pitch precision, and control. i love this song!

it almost like being on a rollercoaster singing this....

then at 2:15 you've got these hurdles in the chorus where you need real quick catch breaths to hit those notes

Then good luck it finally struck

Like lightning from the blue

Every highway leading me back to you

i'm gonna have fun with this and possibly shed light on great vocals some of the younger folks have never heard of

this one is just a masterpiece as far as i'm concerned, vocally and musically. hard to sing live? hard is an understatement!

Stratovarius - Find Your Own Voice

This guy is just ridiculous... he hits high E's in the chorus like they're nothing. The singing starts at 1:10.

i call these guys freaks of nature (a compliment). not my cup of tea, but i can respect it.

Great songs all of them! I specially loved that Kansas song!!!

Now let me share with you my favorite singer in the whole wide world: Floor Jansen (ex After Forever, ReVamp).

Singing actually starts at 1:20 and this is a string version of the actual song by After Forever, but I couldn't find any audio with good quality of the song played by the band which is a shame because the original arrangements of the song are great. There was a video of them playing this song live but it seems it was removed... It is a long song, but worth listening from beginning to end because of all the different thigs she does. This is the studio version, but like I've said before, I like a singer once they can prove what they can do live, but still I love the original arragements:

I LOOOOOVE her voice. She is so incredibly versatile, she can sing whatever she wants, at any volume she wants, with all the power she wants!!!

This one is also one of my top songs in the list of "incredibly difficult to pull off" songs...

I think it's extremely difficult because of the sweetness involved in trying to convey the meaning of the song; and all the high notes... Especially the F5 towards the end of the song, at about 4:30... it's a great song! She is one of my favorite singers as well... Simone Simons and the band is Epica.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EilennaElonen#p/u/5/D9qnP1mLzqs

lost horizon - highlander

the one who pulls this off is probably the crazyest vocalist ever

During my attempt to sing that, I managed to accidentally blow off one of my testicles.

Great songs all of them! I specially loved that Kansas song!!!

Now let me share with you my favorite singer in the whole wide world: Floor Jansen (ex After Forever, ReVamp).

Singing actually starts at 1:20 and this is a string version of the actual song by After Forever, but I couldn't find any audio with good quality of the song played by the band which is a shame because the original arrangements of the song are great. There was a video of them playing this song live but it seems it was removed... It is a long song, but worth listening from beginning to end because of all the different thigs she does. This is the studio version, but like I've said before, I like a singer once they can prove what they can do live, but still I love the original arragements:

I LOOOOOVE her voice. She is so incredibly versatile, she can sing whatever she wants, at any volume she wants, with all the power she wants!!!

This one is also one of my top songs in the list of "incredibly difficult to pull off" songs...

I think it's extremely difficult because of the sweetness involved in trying to convey the meaning of the song; and all the high notes... Especially the F5 towards the end of the song, at about 4:30... it's a great song! She is one of my favorite singers as well... Simone Simons and the band is Epica.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EilennaElonen#p/u/5/D9qnP1mLzqs

thanks for turning me on to these people...yes, more gorgeous vocals...bob

2 perfect examples of songs that sound like they wouldn't be that hard till you attempt to sing them....lol!!!!!

you really need to have your breath in order and transitioning skills pretty sharp. plus it's right in the passagio area for some of us and near operatically sung.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMT-2LOR6vQ

and here's another that doesn't appear like it would be tough till you try it...lol!!!!

You shook me all night long by AC/DC. Constantly in the passagio with power and rasp, very long scentences with almost no time to breath between them. Then it goes up to a high C and then a few Ds and Es above the high C. All the time sounding like a rock 'n' roll razor blade. My hats off to you if you can do it, especially consistantly and well.

You shook me all night long by AC/DC. Constantly in the passagio with power and rasp, very long scentences with almost no time to breath between them. Then it goes up to a high C and then a few Ds and Es above the high C. All the time sounding like a rock 'n' roll razor blade. My hats off to you if you can do it, especially consistantly and well.

now me personally, he falls into that "it's not my real, true, actual voice i'm singing with" singer and while it sounds great, you always wonder how he "really" sounds...but again, just my opinion...and i respect those who like his sound...i'm not too much for metal singers. they don't reach out and touch me, they bomdard me .....lol!!!

Listen to the original track from the time where he was in his prime and had more vocal compression than what he did later on. Not as much as maybe Gramm, but still. Perhaps you'll change your mind slightly. Here it is:

. But I totally understand what you mean. Personally, I both like the razor sharp Halford/Axl/Brian type of vocals and the Gramm/Sammy Hager types :)

This is a classic Australian rock song that's really challenging, and pretty far above my abilities. It has two singers, Ian Moss who sings first and mostly in a highish clean curbing, and then Jimmy Barnes who does something else, I'm not sure what. Maybe edge with distortion? Anyway I'd love to be able to ace this by the next time I visit home in August, but that's pretty unlikely.

The Reflex was my biggest karaoke fail! I had no idea.

oh yeah, me too....the verses are harder than the chorus

here's one i just posted in another post.....

it's called "i'm not singing this or like this anytime soon....lol!!!

it sure isn't "lift up pull back" for this lol!!!

god almighty!! the tone of the high notes just blows me away.

Here's one I have a hard time with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKd06s1LNik

Keeping that nice light tone throughout while hitting those high notes is really tough. Then again I'm not a tenor.

Also the words are tough to sing in that song, always makes me go flat.

Go big or go home. "Bohemian Rhapsody."

A couple of more, from the Guns and Roses album, Chinese Democracy. Try "Shackler's Revenge", which ranges from earth trembling low to ear-shredding high. And "IRS" with a strat note that lasts two measures.

As for singing a song sung by a woman, tackle any of the early stuff by Mariah Carey.

Here's one I have a hard time with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKd06s1LNik

Keeping that nice light tone throughout while hitting those high notes is really tough. Then again I'm not a tenor.

Also the words are tough to sing in that song, always makes me go flat.

I knew that I was making real progress with my voice when I was finally able to nail this song.

This is a classic Australian rock song that's really challenging, and pretty far above my abilities. It has two singers, Ian Moss who sings first and mostly in a highish clean curbing, and then Jimmy Barnes who does something else, I'm not sure what. Maybe edge with distortion? Anyway I'd love to be able to ace this by the next time I visit home in August, but that's pretty unlikely.

Awesome song... The second guy (Jimmy Barnes?) reminds me a little of Lou Gramm.