Call Your Name - Chris Daughtry

Hey I did a cover of the song called "Call your name" by "Chris Daughtry" , It's a pretty tough song for me but some of my friends convinced me to put in on youtube and I would appreciate your comments/tips on how to improve it

Link :

Pretty good job. A little shaky here and there and I'm not sure if it's not providing enough breath or just a case of nerves on your, for you. You have some good stretches so I just just think it's you being nervous. Being more confident will help get rid of the few pitchy places.

Well you might be right, I don't record myself much and I usually sing infront of only close friends so the idea of me putting the video on youtube made me a little nervous. Thanks :)

Even big names get stage fright. Most notable of the stage fright victims is Axl Rose. Back when GnR started, he might come out blazing one night and the next night, he would take forever to get on stage. Some of that was due to vocal problems, some due to a prima donna attitude, and some due to stage fright.

Others use the stage fright as fuel. They get energized from it.

Here's the deal. Stage fright is because you are thinking of yourself. Think, instead, of your audience. Take the focus off of you and put it on them.

Etchy - That sounds really good! I would agree with ron that at times you are just a little timid and the breath support is not constant. I think if you work on a consistent breath support your performance will improve quite a bit.

Archived