Several decades old clip of VIDEOHERE. A rare find

Rate this topic

jonpall

Hi guys,

I just found a very old video clip of our very own Bob (VIDEOHERE) on the internet. I'm sure he didn't want this to be posted here so he's going to be a bit embarassed but I figured, what the heck. You see, he was really, really a fan of Foreigner basically from since he was born. Here's Bob's very first recorded attempt at "Juke box hero":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYcdxB8DUqM&feature=related

That's what I call a fan for life!

Sorry Bob, I had to do it. LOL! :)

(btw. now I really want to attempt a Foreigner cover in the future ;) )

Although this annoying guy pretty much nails it, so it's something that CAN be done:

:) But his speaking voice is kind of like Lou's high voice, just an annoying version of it. Then when he sings it sound awesome.

He's got lots of covers on his youtube site and it sounds like he's really an idiot with a golden voice. I think actually that he's so good BECAUSE he seems to be at the ease with the idea of making funny noises, having fun and not taking himself seriously. Holy hell he's good! But then again, he's probably just having fun - I'm saying that in case he comes to this forum as the next TMV singing hero... ;) Man, I take my words back, he's a good singer.

Hi guys,

I just found a very old video clip of our very own Bob (VIDEOHERE) on the internet. I'm sure he didn't want this to be posted here so he's going to be a bit embarassed but I figured, what the heck. You see, he was really, really a fan of Foreigner basically from since he was born. Here's Bob's very first recorded attempt at "Juke box hero":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYcdxB8DUqM&feature=related

That's what I call a fan for life!

Sorry Bob, I had to do it. LOL! :)

(btw. now I really want to attempt a Foreigner cover in the future ;) )

when i read this, i first said to myself...who the f#$% posted me on youtube!

didn't think i was that well liked lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that one's a long way off for me.....jonpall you're welcomed to try it. but before that one, give this one a try...try this one

you'll know the true meaning of breath support ........lol!!!!!!.

my guess is you're gonna love this vocal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neRo4nXUwM4

Interested in people's thoughts about his "Don't Stop" version. Listen all the way through and you'll hear him struggle in some spots.

It's not one of his best covers, but it's MOSTLY very good. He's pitchy in some places and doesn't really know the lyrics that well. It sounds like he didn't rehearse that one at all but just kind of winged it. But you can hear that his vocal technique is pretty much very spot on for this type of song.

And like I said, I think he unknowingly gets tenor practise by constantly speaking in that high pitched, raspy joker voice of his. So it's probably a great idea to just "fool around" with random melodies throughout your range, with and without rasp and just have fun - as a very good training method for tenor songs. Actually, within seconds of hearing him speaking I had the feeling he's do pretty well with Jukebox hero.

This guy is really good. Fantastic "Rock Curbing" voice. Interested in people's thoughts about his "Don't Stop" version. Listen all the way through and you'll hear him struggle in some spots.

This guy handles the E4 - C#5 range of this song very easily. I'm still working on this song as it is more difficult for me. This guy is obviously very comfortable in this range. He's just goofing around and his pitch is awful at times, but the tone is great and the "weight" of his voice is just right.

Bob - I've become more of a fan since you've been posting some of his vocals. Yes - he is fantastic, even after all these years.

i'm glad geno, i really believe there's so much to learned from him...particularly resonance, strength and stamina.

i love that prelude before the song starts....it's not on the original version.

i tried this last night in karaoke, it was off to a good start, but the god damn disc froze up twice!

only "chartbusters" makes a good disc of this though.

This guy is really good. Fantastic "Rock Curbing" voice. Interested in people's thoughts about his "Don't Stop" version. Listen all the way through and you'll hear him struggle in some spots.

While this is quite true, I still prefer jonpall's first cover of this song. There is something in his voice that just doesn't cling with me.

yes, me too....too squeaky perhaps? too shrill, no bottom end?

I don't really agree with that. Sure, there are singers who have MORE bottom end, but he has some, too. And when you sing rock, often you tend to be on the twangier side. Ultimately it all comes down to preferance. Thanks, Ronron, for the nice comments. I know lots of people who would have disagreed with you on that particular take of mine, but they're very much perfectionists and one or two notes that are slightly off in terms of pitch or sound colour really turn them off.

I don't really agree with that. Sure, there are singers who have MORE bottom end, but he has some, too. And when you sing rock, often you tend to be on the twangier side. Ultimately it all comes down to preferance. Thanks, Ronron, for the nice comments. I know lots of people who would have disagreed with you on that particular take of mine, but they're very much perfectionists and one or two notes that are slightly off in terms of pitch or sound colour really turn them off.

you have better tone than that guy would ever have...not that he isn't good, but i personally would tire from hearing that guy's voice. even michael bolton, as great as he is, his vocals can tire me...gotta take him in small doses.

I totally get ya and thanks, man! :) . I'm gonna try to record something extra good if I can within a year. That's a promise to myself :) Just note that if a singer shies away from using twang, he might get too "dull" sounding. Then there are guys like f.ex. Lou Gramm who has twang but also bottom in his sound.

I totally get ya and thanks, man! :) . I'm gonna try to record something extra good if I can within a year. That's a promise to myself :) Just note that if a singer shies away from using twang, he might get too "dull" sounding. Then there are guys like f.ex. Lou Gramm who has twang but also bottom in his sound.

yes, but gramm has that extra punch, pull, kick, whatever you want to call it that i think is cord/larynx muscle strength related....when you sing his stuff, the cords need to really hold on for dear life because of how he emphasizes syllables and phrases things with such intensity.

like just that line "that was yesterday" his "that" and "yesterday" are so ....here we go...... "melodically intense" lol!!!!

"thaaaaaaaaaaht wus yehs ta deh" uh

Video : Believe it or not, I prefer lighter voices. One of the things that can totally make me fall in love with a song is actually a (controlled) break to a distinct very light head/falsetto (whatever one may call it actually). So it's not that this guy sounds light that turns me off. It's something else. It has an annoying quality.

Video : Believe it or not, I prefer lighter voices. One of the things that can totally make me fall in love with a song is actually a (controlled) break to a distinct very light head/falsetto (whatever one may call it actually). So it's not that this guy sounds light that turns me off. It's something else. It has an annoying quality.

i respect that..to each his own......vocals are in the ear of the beholder.