Has anybody tried the PTD-1?

Rate this topic

kanve

I wasn't really sure where to ask this question.

Has anybody here tried the "PDT-1" or whatever that thing is?

It is this breath training thing that a guy was advertising on Harmony Central? I can't find the user or the ad now, it was in his signature. I wish I had not cleaned out my mail over there because like an idiot, I deleted everything and now I can't find the link to get it. I tried to look it up on the Internet but couldn't find it, and I went to Jaime Vendera's website and couldn't find anything about it. He told me that Jaime Vendera is using and endorses it, and that was how I found out about the VAM, which is an awesome device.... so I thought, if JV is using it as well, maybe it is a legitimate training product.

I'm considering buying it, but I wondered if anybody else has bought one, and if they thought it was worth it. It is supposed to help strengthen your breath support. I wrote to the guy, and he said that the company had quit selling them for a while because they had to get new adjustment valves made? He said they were leaking around the mouthpiece, so they took them off the market for a couple of months while working on the new ones.

So, is anybody using it? If so, would you mind telling me a little about your experience with it?

Thanks,

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I finally got it. I've blown $30 on lots of other things so I thought I'd take a chance on it.

It's a pretty cool device, and within 30 seconds of using it I had a complete understanding of what breath support really is - I never was able to quite grasp it, but this thing made me feel like there was a solid spring inside my lower torso and even after just using it the first day, it made a big difference for me.

Dave

what is the full name of product & company?

I've seen several versions of these gizmos. Best for singing is something that provides resistance breathing in (to strengthen those muscles) but helps you HOLD BACK while breathing out....

If this is a newly-improved one I'd appreciate the details!

thanks -

Joanna

I wasn't really sure where to ask this question.

Has anybody here tried the "PDT-1" or whatever that thing is?

It is this breath training thing that a guy was advertising on Harmony Central? I can't find the user or the ad now, it was in his signature. I wish I had not cleaned out my mail over there because like an idiot, I deleted everything and now I can't find the link to get it. I tried to look it up on the Internet but couldn't find it, and I went to Jaime Vendera's website and couldn't find anything about it. He told me that Jaime Vendera is using and endorses it, and that was how I found out about the VAM, which is an awesome device.... so I thought, if JV is using it as well, maybe it is a legitimate training product.

I'm considering buying it, but I wondered if anybody else has bought one, and if they thought it was worth it. It is supposed to help strengthen your breath support. I wrote to the guy, and he said that the company had quit selling them for a while because they had to get new adjustment valves made? He said they were leaking around the mouthpiece, so they took them off the market for a couple of months while working on the new ones.

So, is anybody using it? If so, would you mind telling me a little about your experience with it?

Thanks,

Dave

HI Dave, cool to hear from you...The Vam was never taken off the market for any reason. Nothing has changed with the product...I wonder what product you were talking about that had a leaky valve or something.

I am so glad you purchased it and I am so filled with joy that it has helped make a diffenece for you... The concept worked for me as a singer so it was a no brainer to develop it further to share with others singers my experience hearing myself loud and clear...so cool.

Byron

• 2 years later...

HI Dave, cool to hear from you...The Vam was never taken off the market for any reason. Nothing has changed with the product...I wonder what product you were talking about that had a leaky valve or something.

I am so glad you purchased it and I am so filled with joy that it has helped make a diffenece for you... The concept worked for me as a singer so it was a no brainer to develop it further to share with others singers my experience hearing myself loud and clear...so cool.

Byron

Hi Byron,

Dave was talking about the PTD-1 having an issue with the valves not sitting correctly in the mouthpieces. The PTD-1 is a mouthpiece with an adjustable valve that allows you to control how much air flows in and out of your body - essentially it exercises the breathing mechanism and is sort of like weightlifting for the intercostal muscles and the diaphragm. If used correctly, it will speed up your breath training. At one point, I was able to hold out notes for 60 seconds using it, but I was extremely gung ho about my training at the time.

Anyway, when we got the initial shipment of them - in between the time that we ordered and the time that we took delivery of the valves, somehow they were "mismanufactured" and the outside edges of the valves did not seat in the mouthpieces as the original valves did - and having bought 1000 valves that ended up being manufacturing rejects as far as my use went - it was cheaper for us to have the outside of the valves reshaped by a local company, although it was labor intensive....which also raised the prices of the device as my cost was doubled.

I learned a very valuable lesson right then - when dealing with companies in China, they don't necessarily care if things become a little off - they just keep manufacturing even if the tolerances are outside of what was ordered.

Initially, attempting to get it into the hands of as many singers as possible was something that I felt really strongly about, but I also wished to be compensated something for my time and effort. Ask Jaime Vendera how he feels about the device - it works amazingly well.

I still use it, and the amazing William Wren from Mystic-Force (

, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppFUD1m8khQ) has one as well as Amanda Millar from Orlando's Carnevil (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=139903399365863). Now, whether or not William Wren uses his - I can't tell you, but I do know for a fact that Amanda does use hers; she told me that she loves it .

Tim