Vocal range shifts ???

Chavie

Is this normal ???

Some days i seem to be able to sing much lower E2 (my norm is around Ab2)

Other days i seem to be able to sing much higher up to F5 (where usually its around D5)

Id love to know why this happens...especially when it comes to lower notes.

It's interesting, we seem to both have the same vocal range and about the same day to day variation.

My understanding of lower variations is that, sometimes, the voice is tired, there is excess mucus or the muscles are a bit " slow ", so the folds vibrate slower. The higher variations are probably the result of exceedingly good conditions : warmed folds, relaxed body, hydrated folds, exact support, etc... You know, those days when everything seems to just fall in place. But then, it might be something else. I'm about certain for the lower range variations, not all that sure for the higher part.

I think it has something to do with what you ate that day, how well you slept, and probably how much you have used your voice. I can only go up to about a G5 sometimes, and sometimes I can do a B5 and on rare days a C5. Of course I don't think I have sung over an A5 in a while because I've been practicing songs more and there are rarely even G5s lol. Also sometimes I have access to whistle notes and sometimes I don't, and up there it varied too, highest note I actually know I've sung is a B6, but I did the whistle runs in "Emotions" once.

Archived