Clip of David Coverdale in the studio. Very cool

jonpall

Coverdale fans are probably gonna love this:

. At least I always get a kick out of how vocals and the other instruments are laid down in the studio. Although this clip is mostly Whitesnake having fun together and rehearsing.

Also check part 2 of this video where David peels the paint off the walls with his powerful voice live:

Thought I'd share :)

I haven't heard that stuff in ages. I guess have even more respect for coverdale now (that I'm really working on my voice) than I did back then (when I had no concept of he was doing). It was cool to see Vai playing with them - he did some amazing things back then. Coverdale is so damn good. Back then I thought he was just one of those lucky souls that was born with a great rock voice. Did he have any training at all? Judging by his low speaking voice, he is just like one of us, that learned how to sing really high with distortion / rasp / whatever you want to call it. Stylistically he is just fantastic and he helps to define a genre. He is part of rock history.

loved the clips Jon! coverdale is definitely one to idolize...and the combo of vai and vandenburg was phenomenal...although I also really like Doug Aldrich who was with whitesnake for a loong time after vai...

Well, just like Steven Tyler, on his first few albums he almost never sang in the middle part of his range. He had a "gap" and then occasionlly did very high screams. Then, in the middle of their careers, they somehow learned to connect the low voice to the high one. So I don't really think they were born with it.

Archived