i've got something to say

Rate this topic

VideoHere

you know i was just thinking, compared to a year or so ago, we really have a super nice bunch of folks participating on the forum...probably one of the best groups we ever had..it's not as confrontational and argumentative as it sometimes was. no one trying to out knowledge the other but more willing to hear and help each other and learn from each other and accept that each of us are at various stages and levels. no question or comment is unimportant (a little redundant maybe...me, perhaps lol!!!)...and we even have some enjoyable banter which makes it fun to be here as well.

i think that's really great.

Here here

As a new participant I am very impressed by the supportive nature of this forum and equally by the range of knowledge shared by members without prejudice. Long may it continue to be a first port of call for all things vocal!

Come to think of it Bob, you're right. There has been a positive change. And I'm constantly checking the forum. You've brought some nice talented people into the forum too - thank you for that.

Geno

i remember wheni i first joined and i had to post in all caps because of a default in my video store software...you guys were all probably saying.."what the hell is wrong with this guy!"...lol!!!! and my first read of a steve fraser post and i was like "holy shit" i have no clue what he's talking about...lol!!!!

• Administrator

Thanks Bob... I totally agree. I personally know when it really started turning for the better and became more pleasant for all... but I wont get into here. Every since "that" phase ended, it has been totally peaceful and a lot less stressful to me as well. Not always having to look over my shoulder.

Cool, I think this forum is the best vocal forum in the world... I apologize I have not been around lately, working hard to get Pillars 2.0 completed and other things like... some nice feature updates for the entire TMV. I have hired a consultant that is helping me to add more features and cool stuff for TMV. One thing we are going to do is integrate this forum into the main site... there are now over 6000 members on the main site and Im sure very few of them actually even know whats going on over here at the forum. Also, there are forum members that never go to the main site... am I wrong? www.TheModernVocalist.com or the Journal www.TheModernVocalistJournal.com. The goal is to try to get cross marketing of all the sites.... But if you run the traffic stats on this forum, you will see its very hot... anyways, we are going to add technology that makes this forum appear on the main site with a cool pop-up window thingy... I suspect we will see growth and membership get even bigger at that time.

So Im behind the scenes trying to keep innovating and making the service cool and better...

If you enjoy TMV Forum, tell your friends! Invite them to come join... And use the social bookmark widget at the bottom and top of the forum... bookmark great conversations into facebook and social media web sites so people will see what we are doing and join. Help us to grow... it takes a team!

I think I know what Robert is talking about. And yes, there were a few "argumentative" types when I first got here last year. But everyone here now is more interested in helping than being king of the sandbox, so to speak. I have a better understanding of personality types, which helps as I tend to take people at their word, at first, until I understand where they are coming from. What I mean by that is everyone has a particular psychological vantage point, a certain way of talking or writing, and knowing what people mean between the lines helps me understand what they are getting at, which is rooted in where they are coming from.

It reminds me of the dog forum that I go to, where people are rooting for each other and care for each other. And, by golly, I will mention it again, it was Thanos (akawrd) who got me the mic and interface and stand, etc, that I now have when I could not afford it. So, for those who like the better quality of my recordings, thank Thanos.

Everyone here is a class act, wearing their hearts on their sleeves and I think that is the nature of a singer, anyway.

I agree. I view this forum as a place to sometimes share and often learn. The past challenging and arguing of nearly every point was wearying and took away from the attitude of sharing knowledge. I'm glad that appears to be over.