Singing some Myles Kennedy

• TMV World Legacy Member

Damn you guys have awesome vocals here, I'm having second thoughts about posting this.. lol :D Just kidding about the second thoughts, I'm quite happy, because this is a song that I have tried to sing every once in a while for a year already but it was always way out of my league. Now I just tried it for fun and realized that I can do it now!

The song is starlight by Myles Kennedy & Slash.

http://maihinnousu.net/s/11917

What do you think? This is the first time I can actually pull it off without big trouble or anything. Next step would be simply to make it sound awesome, work on dynamics and sounds and expression more. Make it sound edgier at some parts and softer at other parts. More specifically E4-A4 is bit tricky to sing softer, but I'm already working on that. Myles sound so awesome with his original vocals, good control.

Edit: I should do it with my guitar once I get my acoustic guitar back!

In some moments there was incredible vibrato that i love. I would prefer more curbing instead MLN in E4-A4 area.

Keep up singing.

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

Hey, pretty impressive, and I agree about the vibrato - and I'm a little jealous on that vibrato.

Where you work upwards to the highest note on that little progression, it sounded like your placement might have shifted back a little there, or it sounded a little tight. I could be wrong because just reaching those notes is impressive, and perhaps not even possible if you technique wasn't spot on. Well done working so hard to reach this point. I have song that's been beating me for a while and I nailed it yesterday too. I'll post it up soon.

Thanks for your comments. Guitartrek funny that you asked, because your singing has inspired me with my workout. I mainly do four things now:

1) In the mornings I warm up my voice with very light speech level exercises to get the basics going and find the lightest components of my voice, pure headvoice release etc. This takes about 20-40 minutes, depending on the day and how I feel etc.

2) Later in the day I do 10-15 minutes of those nasty breathing exercises like sustaining S or holding my breath etc. Really kicks in the supporting muscles, singing works a lot better right after this.

3) Right after that I do Ken Tamplin stage 1 stuff, this is where I really start to sing fully and really practice.

4) Physical exercise few times every week :) Body just works so much better when I do some workout or running

And I just tend to improvise a lot, not just blindly going through the same old routines but keeping it little bit intuitive and fresh. I practice songs just whenever I feel like it, usually not before Ken Tamplin workout though.

SH you're right about the placement in those high notes, I did that because I didn't want to sound too thin up there :) It was tight but didn't feel bad or tiring really, just takes a lot of support from the body. It will be more released in the future sure.

Archived