little bit of terminology confusion..

MB20

Usually when I hear people talking about falsetto, they are referring to a light, breathy sound, where the cords don't have full closure. Furthermore, I have also been told that falsetto can be performed as a scream, Steve Tyler style. I've never been able to achieve this as I don't think I'm applying the correct technique in my throat (I am just "opening" it :/) and don't yet have the breath support. However, after recently purchasing the CVT book, I am hearing the sounds I thought were "falsetto screams" described as screams in the neutral or curbing modes. In my mind, this would imply full closure of the cords and would be produced in quite a different way to a falsetto scream (not that I'm fully sure how to produce one of those!)

Basically what I'm getting at is, are these 2 different means to the same end? or are the sounds different? and is either one safer or "more correct"? If there is a way someone could post examples of the diferences so I could physically hear it, that would be very much appreciated! :)

Reinforced falsetto was actually the terminology an old teacher used when trying to explain this to me before

trying here: falsetto uses more breath because of incomplete or no fold closure. head voice is a more true fold connected tone.

In a bit of a revelation, it seems that when i thought I was doing a reinforced falsetto sound, it seems I was actually just twanging really hard, which I guess wound explain the more powerful nature of the sound

In a bit of a revelation, it seems that when i thought I was doing a reinforced falsetto sound, it seems I was actually just twanging really hard, which I guess wound explain the more powerful nature of the sound

twang tunes to brighter harmonic which sounds louder because of the higher frequency.

Archived