Sarah Mclachlan-Fear-My Singing

• TMV World Legacy Member

Any thoughts on this new cover? Any improvements I can make?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czn5bA21xMw

My microphone is really sensitive.......it picks up all kinds of background noises. I like to say that this microphone dissects my voice in a way that is hard to explain...kind of like it makes me sound raspy while a lot of the other microphones I use add a certain depth or color to my voice but other than that, I have NO problems with this microphone! =D

very very nice! i can't really point out anything in your technique as it doesn't really bother me. If you had the accapellas handy i'd play around with the mix a bit though. When you backing vocals come in, i feel there too loud, if you were able to tuck them back a bit more....

i'd be tempted to throw them in 'dynamic processing' just to see what sort of sound you could get out of it. what do you use to mix your vocals? just curious.

very very nice! i can't really point out anything in your technique as it doesn't really bother me. If you had the accapellas handy i'd play around with the mix a bit though. When you backing vocals come in, i feel there too loud, if you were able to tuck them back a bit more....

i'd be tempted to throw them in 'dynamic processing' just to see what sort of sound you could get out of it. what do you use to mix your vocals? just curious.

Oh hello! Thanks for the feedback! I use Audacity.....see, the microphone is just my computer mic which, like I said is pretty nice. But with audacity, you can remove the vocals from the original song and put your voice in. It has a recorder which you can use to record in layers much in the same fashion as you work on photos in Photoshop. But I'm not very tech savvy so it is hard to explain in technical terms......

I also use Audacity. Essentially, for those who don't use it, here's how it works. Click on record and it starts a separate track. If you click first at a point in the previous track, it will start recording from there. I comp'd my vocal track for "Rainbow in the Dark" that way.

Archived