singing/playing Faithfully by Journey - please comment & give feedback

• TMV World Legacy Member

Kudos for dropping a whole tone and doing what you do confidently. And, I calculate 50 percent odds you are from one of southern states in the USA. I liked your version. Great emotion.

Nice job. Your voice sounds good. The piano was a bit loud and taking away from your voice. You could try recording the piano separately, and then sing over the piano so we can hear your voice better.

Yeah, I need to get hold of a decent multi-track software OR just get a small multi-track recorder. Any suggestions? I have a 2 track version that I recorded on my laptop using free software which is on mp3 but what is the best site to post something like that on to share with others?

Kudos for dropping a whole tone and doing what you do confidently. And, I calculate 50 percent odds you are from one of southern states in the USA. I liked your version. Great emotion.

Thanks. Obviously Steve Perry songs are just, well their up there. But they are such great songs and I love his tone. So I wasn't sure if folks would like a version that's not ball busting high. And as for the south, what gave it away? Something in my voice, or was it the mullet? ;)

Sometimes, when you end a note, you descend in pitch. What some have called a note crash or downward slide. I have done the same thing and I have lived in Texas since 1974, though I was born in California and lived there as a young child. Living in Texas has had some effect. It's part of the southern dialect, especially for males when they speak. A sentence or last word often descends in pitch. Listen to yourself and you will find yourself doing it when you speak.

Archived