Wish you Were Here (Floyd)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys,

Im a real beginner at vocals and am looking for some areas to start my improvement. Because I'm not a good vocalist (yet...theres still hope?), Im generally a bad judge of vocal talent.

Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1172660

Some off-pitch notes. Here's the hard part. You can already hear the difference in pitches. But you've got identify the pitch with how your voice feels. And that is mental, and therefore, the hardest part. So, pick a note on the guitar, any note. And sing that note. And keep adjusting until you can't tell the difference. That is relative pitch, which is what most people have and all you really need. On the plus side, your breathing sounds good.

Thanks Ron.

I agree, clearly, pitch should be my first focus.

My other question is the actual quality of my voice. Having no formal training in voice (due to years playing woodwind instruments, which precludes singing/playing), how does my voice sound, and what can I do to improve it?

My goal is to be, not just a passable singer, but a good singer, and I'm willing to put in some effort there!

You have a good tone in your voice. And playing woodwind instrument explains why your breath management is good. Just spend some time hearing a note, then thinking that note. Most of pitch correction is actually in learning how to hear the note.

Archived