Who Wants to live forever attempt - critics please

Hello,

I am beginning to work on this mythic song...

http://soundcloud.com/djemass/queen-who-wants-to-live-1

As usual, critics are more than welcome to help me to improve.

Cheers

Djemass

Sounded great, djemass, i liked it.

It was a little shouty in the end and if you could make your vocal a tiny bit less dopy it would sound even better i think, at least that´s my preference.

Cheers!

Sounded great, djemass, i liked it.

It was a little shouty in the end and if you could make your vocal a tiny bit less dopy it would sound even better i think, at least that´s my preference.

Cheers!

Hi bro,

thank you very much. FOr the moment it is one of my biggest problems, I shout too much on my highest pitched notes. It is the only way I have for the moment to get this "chesty" tone with my head voice.

I am beginnin g to sing, and I have so much to learn...

Cheers

I had never thought of doing this song with a low larynx and you did it. It was more "operatic" than the original. Excellent effort. Just for stylistic grits and shins, try it with a stable larynx, rather than a low one. Nothing wrong with what you did and it would play at any opera house. I just want to hear what it's like with a brighter tone. again, no criticism and you pulled off quite a piece there, I just thought it would be neat to hear it in one more timbre.

Hi Ron,

Thank you very much for your comments, I will a more stable larynx.

This was just a try, I was searching for a way to thicken my voice and to sound less like a witch... In fact, I was searching for how Freddy Mercury or Mateusz Ziolko could get this specific resonating tone "opera like" mixed with huge power on the attacks of the notes and adding some grit at the same time...

Hi bro,

thank you very much. FOr the moment it is one of my biggest problems, I shout too much on my highest pitched notes. It is the only way I have for the moment to get this "chesty" tone with my head voice.

I am beginnin g to sing, and I have so much to learn...

Cheers

I know what you mean. I try the same thing and experience the same problem. Don´t give up.

• 4 weeks later...

Great attempt. I agree with the comments about the diction being a little off. You seem to have a strong accent that sometimes interrupts the flow of the words. You have a lot of untapped power in your voice, though. I'm sure you'll turn this into a masterpiece.

Great tone, great range (If the B4 had the tone of the A4 it would be aweinspiring)!

You might want to work on your phrases. You're very good at producing sustained notes, but in melodies the pitch can go a bit off (eg. 00:28-00:36). I think it's mainly a matter of knowing your phrases and focusing on placing individual notes corretly (rather than sliding and bouncing around undecidedly :D).

• 3 weeks later...

djemass, your singing is good enough. However, there are some minor problems. First, your high notes are almost in screaming. Second, a better vibrato is required for this song. Third, there are some pronunciation issues to work on. And nevertheless, it was a great attempt, man!

Archived