Born to be Wild

• TMV World Legacy Member

I haven't sung at all in over a month

very rushed.....and the high notes are a bit more falsetto then usual

My guitar solo was a one take improv.. i admit it could have been a little more tasty lol

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10704860

www.soundclick.com/chavie

This was "the" song in my youth. For I was surrounded by "biker" types. Even today, with short hair, I still look like a "biker." Just take a look at my pic on my profile page in the main sight (search "Ron Stone.")

I have been friends with a guy that rode with the Dallas chapter of the Scorpions. I have been friends with the Banshees MC and was at one of their parties in 1984. Good people. I have also been friends with the Rebels MC and the Skulls. And was offered stickers and patches from them, as well as the Brotherhood. But I am independent. Even when I ride a bike, I ride as myself.

And this song brings back so many memories. You and the original singer are opposite voice types. He is a low baritone and you are a high tenor. But you carry this song so well and convey its meaning, at least to me. And I am one of those hard-core biker types. I don't mean clubs and patches and criminal activity. I mean riding to ride because that is what riding is about. Ala Peter Fonda, most of the Banshees, ala, believe it or not, Geoff Tate (yes, he's a "biker." He has a Harley-Davidson Roadking with full bags and fairing.)

And this song says it all and you performed an excellent version of it. Don't change a thing. Anyone that tells you that you did it wrong is full of %$&*. Thanks for the memories, Cheverie.

I meant to add that I am also friend of the pres of a club local to me called the Brotherhood of the Third Wheel. A club of trikes. You can see the pres, now and then, riding his yellow trike with his grandson on the passenger seat. He used to ride two wheels and had an accident that put him on 3 wheels. But, he's still riding. It gets in your blood. That's my kind of people.

Though the one club I would like to belong to is in New Hampshire, USA. Called the Re-Treads. You have to be over 40 years old to join and I qualified many years ago.

And, if you are ever in Denison, Texas (near the Red River), check out a club called Loose Wheels. It's a "biker" club that is a great place to hang out. Good food, cheap beer, and excellent entertainment, such as Jeff Strahan, who can sing, play guitar, and keyboards, all at the same time.

Power where? In baritone or bass? I hate to break it to you but you are a tenor, not a bass or baritone. The sooner you accept that, the easier things will be. Of course, that is the hardest part, harder than any vocal training. The changing of your mind to accept your voice as it is. I can't help you, I can't make you realize that. That's a journey, a step you have to make all on your own. Good luck, and may the Force be with you, always.

i mean on high notes.....i feel like i haven't fully let myself go.

i always seem to subconsciously hold back a little.

Dio is a high tenor... But he has awesome power in his high notes.

like he is screming his head off, but not seeming to damage himself.....same with cornell

that's what i mean by power i think it might be called "Belting" not sure though

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Archived