My latest Don't stop believing take

I don't know if anyone hears any difference between this and some of my previous takes on this song (if you even remember them), but I feel that I've managed to balance the vocal weight this time around. In other words, I think I'm less shouty than I was before with this song, but I still have some cord compression going on so that it's not too thin sounding. Perhaps some of you might spot any obvious technical flaws here, or just simply like it. Ronws in 10, 9, 8, ... :)

I consider myself an expert on Perry's vocals(from an academic NOT emulative stand point) and you are singing with the same set-up that Steve does. Congrat-u-f'n-lations brother :)

:D

I feel the need for more .... cowbell.

To me, this sounds like your voice, not anyone else's.

And I like the way you phrased it, too. So that it's not just a carbon copy, as it were.

• 3 weeks later...

jonpall - sorry I missed this the first time around. This sounds really good. You do sound more comfortable now, although I thought your previous takes were all really good too. I particularly liked how you nailed the B4 at 1:49. One thing I noticed was at 1:13 "Perfume", "fume" needs to be more like "Fee-you-m".

You are a absolutely right Jon, in this clip you are balancing the vocal weight a little bit better than before, it´s not sounding as choked as before though you were just a little bit choked. Great job, Jon!

Archived