im no pro or anything but just a suggestion

instead of saying a flat out "whattya want from me"

try singing it with "whattya want from may"

just a suggestion

god I wish i could reach that level hahaha

your awesome dude

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35190966/laulur … ikkaus.mp3

Keep it up. Not perfect but good path you chose.

Really talented man you are.

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

Thanks bro! Good suggestion, I think Adam sang "may" instead of "me" too :) Btw you're working on KTVA, how's it going?

It's great dude :) Im slowly building up my bridge and increasing my range

so ollie man can you give me some tips on what exercises you focused mostly

to build up your range and stuff?

Well sure bro, although the best tip I can give would be to just pay attention to what Ken is saying in the DVD:s and pick all the details there. And from there it's mostly just being consistent with the practice, good day or bad day. I'm not even half way there yet with the program (and results) and I learn new things every day.

But here's something anyway:

About the exercises: I just focus on all the exercises because there isn't too many of them and they all work so well for me. I try to do them little better every time. And about the technique, I found that all the parts are almost equally important so you really got to remember all that Ken tells you all the time. If you loose your breathing and support or close down the throat or "miss" the vowel modifications or forget to do the scales light enough to connect well, any of those things can screw you up. And with all these things you're still supposed to relax as much as you can. So the daily workout is for two things imo: Learning to really nail the technique (takes some time) and working/growing your voice up like a muscle.

But of course when learning new things you are bound to go wrong couple of times to find the right way so if you screw up, just learn from it and come back next day with a fresh voice :) I took me a while to find the vowel modification "pockets" but once I finally did, I started repeating and memorizing them like crazy. At some point support 'clicked' for me and I started to memorize the sensation. And of course I try to do all the things better and better every time.

We can continue talking bout KTVA with email if you want. Just email me at olliealexandermusic(-at-)gmail.com

And just remember that there's no better person to help you out with KTVA program than Ken himself ;)

Oh and one more thing: If you're serious enough about singing, then why not build a little lifestyle around it :) That's what I'm doing, all the physical workout, healthy diet, good sleep, relaxed stress-free lifestyle, positive mindset etc are driven by the fact that it makes my singing better. I'm not kidding and it works :)

Even though your latest post had some nice lower harmonics in it, my favorite was the first sample from post #19. It was so expressive and emotional. And therefore, is simply a stylistic preference. The two best were that one and your latest.

As for the lifestyle, rock on. As Mark Baxter said, you have to live as a singer, regardless of what you do during the day for a paycheck. I am an electrician by trade. And have quoted Shakespeare while digging a ditch.

"To be or not to be?

That is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind

To suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune

Or ...

Dig this damn ditch ..."

Yeah, I altered it.

And I can hit a tenor C. Which makes me a singer that deals with electrical stuff for a paycheck.

And as a singer, you are a musician. The first clip from post #19, it didn't sound like you were worried about anything. You just sang as you felt.

Archived