2nd attempt - Judgement Day by Whitesnake

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello, singing folks!

This time i tried to sing this song with a lower larynx, not to low though to make it too dopy. Well, give me your opinions and suggestions of what could be improved. I send you one link with the song acapella and one with a backing track and a mixed voice.

Thanx in advance/ Ola

http://www.box.net/shared/ebzzt1g71aukgr36l5uh

http://www.box.net/shared/4d2ejxhe2dm89soj1542

Hi!

I'm not a vocal teacher, but I think you have a very good rocking tone, I liked that. But I hear intonalities, sometimes you are singing a bit flat, "A love to light the waaaaaayy", way is flat.

Hello, Duchi, thanx for your answer. When i listen more closely to my clip i can hear that you are right, could be due to lack of support. One thing i also discovered that i am doing wrong is that i press my volume up until i get my rasp and that makes my throat constrict. I don´t think i will sing this song anymore but i will focus now on getting rasp while relaxing my throat and keeping the volume down.

I like the timbre and hge energy. Just one thing - there seems to be a bit of "key drift" happening, though. Parts of the song you change key. Do you know this song really well?

Well, now with the result in my hand i think i should have paid more attention to the song, i thought i was close to singing it in correct pitch but obviously i wasn´t. My focus totally lied in my tone and to have a lower larynx so i wasn´t as squeesed in my sound as the last time, so i forgot that very important part somewhat.

My advice for right now would be not to worry about rasp. Any voice teacher I have read that is worth a dime points out that trying to sound like someone else is wrong and will lead to damage. Forget the rasp, just for now. Concentrate in pitch. Set up your own list of images for the pitches. Whether it is colors or pictures in your mind of objects. Once your mind has a picture of the note, you will always be able to hit it. After you've got pitch nailed, you will find that rasp is more of relaxing than constricting.

Archived