Live & Let die (paul mccartney cover)

probably over did the guitars lol (my first love....) not really liking the mix on this as a whole just yet (ill work on that again later)

I actually got some grit this time !!! and on a high C none the less, so im happy about that.

while not without its flaws ( my voices goes from strong to weak in spots)

As always, any insight or advice would be appreciated :)

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10833283

A balanced mix of this would be stellar. I liked it. I think the McCartney purists out there would probably complain about the "shred" elements you added, but I'm not one of them.

Good job.

I agree with others, the mix could have been different but I liked your voice on this one. And that harmony at the end was really cool. Kind of neat that you used a track based on the Guns and Roses arrangement. Their performance was so iconic, it kind of changes how the culture hears that song after their recording of it. Of the two most famous performances, I think your voice and style was closer to Sir McCartney.

The only thing I could suggest is standing closer to the mic, as it will pick up more of your overtones below tenor C. Or, if afraid of overloading the mic, you can fix it in the mix with eq to get back the bassier tones, not so much by boosting the eq as dropping eq on the more prominent frequencies. Your in the right range, I just wanted to hear more of your voice and I think it is was partially hidden by mixing/recording levels.

So, that has nothing to do with singing. You were just fine on that. Trust me, I suck at recording and am even worse at mixing.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

thanks a lot ronws

i was standing about 8-12 inchs away from the mic when singing this, next time ill try learning towards the mic for the lower notes.

Archived