"Always" Bon Jovi

• TMV World Legacy Member

I ve got problem with this.

Sth is wrong. I suppose my voice is not freely. It seems like better support is required.

Second problem I think I have is not enough powerful voice. Is seems that Bon Jovi sing it with more....sth... I cant do.

Friend of mine said my passagio had heady dominance and I needed more chesty mussels to use.

Chorus:

http://www.box.net/shared/x3o42fyi3874ma1435g9

Help please.

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

I don't know... It think it sounds pretty "meaty". Really not sure how much more powerful you can get it. The rasp sounds good. I can hear that it may not be as free as you want. Constant practice over this range and those vowels should help "free" up the voice. But it seems like you are using thick folds which are necessary for the "chesty" sound. Sound like you have made significant progress over the last few months. Good job!

devaitis I think I saw you on the KTVA forum. Are you using the program? Ken has exercises that make you build that connection and stretch chest voice, sounds like it's what you're looking for. But still that clip sounded really great! Even if your voice is a bit heady I think that tone would still have it's place, even after you build more "chest" into your upper voice. Great tone imo!

Thank you guys.

Guitartrek, for some people it sounds meaty, but for someone else there is no power.

Ollie. I dont use KTVA program.

Here is another example.

Chorus form "In the name of love" U2 http://www.box.net/shared/0qz5libxc2lkdd6nfryu

My larynx isn't high, rather in medium position. There is a lot of Twang but maybe no enough bite. I dont know.

In CVT MLN + CREAKING I think.

Jonpall What do you think?

Jug

Unfortunately sth is wrong. Im sure there is some element i have missed.

back to foundation:

1. Open throat - passed

2. Support - passed

3. Twang, singing on Mask - passed

4. Vowels modification - not quite I think

5. Larynx - ......?

6. Palate - optimum position I think, but maybe more high is required.

7. RATIO Thin folds / thick folds ====> many people say I dont use chest resonance.... (if that one exists of course)

8. I have no idea

If 4 out of 10 people told me my passagio wasn't meaty I shouldn't disregard this.

One of the most difficult part of singing is the restricted capability of self-evaluation.

Devaitis, you don't need more chest muscles. You need different vowels. On "Always", to sing the word "I" you chose the ah sound. You might try the short a sound, such as in the american pronunciation of cat or hat. It's a very "back of the throat" vowel. You have just the right rasp and it is nearly identical to the rasp that Jon (bon Giovanni) (that's his real name) uses. However, you have slightly different voice type. Your voice is a little more leggiero to his lyric. So, really, for you, it just boils down to vowel choice. Also, the kh aspirant created by slight proximity of the back of the tongue to the roof of the mouth (that's how I produce the ch sound when I speak german) is destroying your flow. Let that h or ch or kh sound be silent, as in not created.

As for "In the Name of Love," you really do have a different voice type. Bono is a baritone who uses belts up to about E4 or F4 but really just relies on falsetto with a lot of volume for his high notes, where as you are actually a tenor. Therefore, your high chorus is actually stronger and bigger than the original. That's a compliment.

The main difference between your take and Jon Bon Jovi's is that Jon's is more twangy and his english accent is better. But only by a very small margin. However, that small margin can make a big difference.

Also when you sing the phrase (very early) "And I'll be there" - the word "I'll" has too much Oh vowel and I suggest you go more towards Ah or even Uh. First try Ah. But the word "there" sounds great. So does "forever" - and actually most of the clip. You have a very thick accent on the word "heaven" (or at least I think you're saying "heaven") - where the "h" consonant sounds funny to english speaking people. But realize I'm nitpicking here. In general, you sound good - you're basic tone is very good. However, fix those things and you're get to a whole another level, IMO. Just my opinion :)

Thank you guys.

Guitartrek, for some people it sounds meaty, but for someone else there is no power.

Ollie. I dont use KTVA program.

Here is another example.

Chorus form "In the name of love" U2 http://www.box.net/shared/0qz5libxc2lkdd6nfryu

My larynx isn't high, rather in medium position. There is a lot of Twang but maybe no enough bite. I dont know.

In CVT MLN + CREAKING I think.

Jonpall What do you think?

I think it's mostly curbing. It sounds very good, man. Very good indeed. Your slight rasp is enviable, it sounds that good.

Stew on this forum has sometimes mentioned some small details that I could personally improve in MY clips and they have been very helpful, so I'm gonna mention a few points in YOUR clip:

The word "in". You put an "h" consonant in front of "in", so it sounds like "hin". Don't do that. :)

"one more in the name of love" - that last word, "love" kind of "drops down", dips or takes a dive down, pitch wise. I suggest that you either don't do that, or not so strongly.

There are other minor spots where the pronounciation could be better.

Don't give up. You're so close to really nailing these songs. Cheers.

As I have said a few times, singing is mental.

90 percent of singing is half mental. At least that's what I believe, 99 percent of the time.

No problem, devaitis.

I just did a CVT forum registration

and im going to ask what MOD I use in my passagio. In my country poeple say it is MLN and Between MLN/CURB, here on the TMV forum ==> clear CURB.

Ken said my high area was strong, but vowels was bad nad some times strained. Robert said nothing. :)

I just did a registration to CVT forum and im going to ask what MOD I use in my passagio. In my country poeple say it is MLN and Between MLN/CURB, here on the TMV forum ==> clear CURB.

Ken said my high area was strong, but vowels was bad nad some times strained. Robert said nothing. :)

IMO, Ken is 100% correct. Seriously, just a few vowel tweaks and you're there! Definitely NOT mln.

Archived