YOUR TOP THREE

Rate this topic

VideoHere

HI FOLKS,

I HAVE A BAD HABIT OF SKIPPING WARMING UP I GUESS BECAUSE I HEAR A SINGER ON YOUTUBE DURING THE DAY AND RIGHT AWAY I WANT TO TRY THOSE NOTES OR SING THIS AND THAT....

IF YOU HAD TO PICK ONLY THREE WARM-UP EXERCISES TO QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE GET THE SINGING VOICE READY TO SING, WHICH THREE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?

Video,

I have to say...as long as I DON'T have to sing first thing in the morning, "warm-up" not really necessary for me. As far as gigs go, I can't imagine EVER being able to warm-up right before going on. Sure...I usually sing a ton during the day(whatever routine I happen to be working on,) but never right before singing.

With that said, I definitely like to focus on twang and breath control starting out(usually arpeggios/scales/slides.) I start out in a VERY light coordination...building in more weight as I go. Also, a lot of breaks(5-10 minutes.)

cheers

IF YOU HAD TO PICK ONLY THREE WARM-UP EXERCISES TO QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE GET THE SINGING VOICE READY TO SING, WHICH THREE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?

Videohere:

1) Onset exercises in the middle octave

2) soft sirens on oo and ee, full range

3) Grand scale (2 octaves) on ah, ay, ee, oh, oo, ih, eh, a, uh, oe.

Total time, about 15 minutes.

pretty much gonna repeat whats already been said.....

top three in this order

lip rolls on sirens or scales throughout vocal range

narrow OO and EE vowels on sirens or scales throughout vocal range

creaky edge sound or pharyngeal sound or twang sound on sirens or scales throughout vocal range