Covering "The Final Countdown" by "Europe"

• TMV World Legacy Member

Sounded great, Jugulator. Your pronunciation was great in this song. I love your voice, you have a stunning head voice. In some parts it sounds a little operatic which i don´t prefer with this kind of music, but that´s just my preference.

Bravo for covering this song. It's too bad that people saw Europe as trendy for they were excellent musicans. I will probably lose people with this reference but, oh well. Joey Tempest sang with a strength and clarity I can only describe as Wagnerian. This ain't no chamber music. This is Der Ring Des Nibelungen on steriods. What would have it sounded like if Stryper came from Sweden? Well, there ya go.

And this song and style totally fits with your voice. It's a song that, at least in comparison to the original, requires a thick, clean voice. Which describes you accurately, I think.

So, when you are going to finally release an album of cover tunes, maybe as a double release with an album of originals?

Once again, spot on perfect for "Carrie." You can do something Ronnie James Dio could never really do. Ballads. And that's not just my thought. That was the summation of singer Ron Keel, who has sang with everyone, was friends with Ronnie James Dio, toured with him, and even learned took some advice from him. You have a clear and thick voice that really suits the cleaner, almost operatic side of rock and heavy metal.

So, quit dicking around and put out an album, already.

This guy, Ron Keel, he was in the band Steeler with Yngwie Malmsteen, they have one song called "Hot on your heels", I think this is the best work from Yngwie... and Keel's singing is really good.

I'd say you put WAY too much reverb on it. A way to hear a great voice is to hear it at it's "driest". I know I am one to use reverb a lot.. You lose alot of "cut" and authenticy - a way to incorporate your voice into the music and make them feel as one...

Now, you do have a great voice with a good top at it and you don't need to resort to head voice in order to each high notes (except the very highest in the end) and I do believe it would be preferable to you to sing it drier, with alot more of your voice coming out more naked...

Because in the end, you do have a TREMENDEOUS voice, you don't need to disguise it.

Archived