Another one of those "whoa, this guy has some mean pipes" thread!

Stan

Russell Allen and Roy Khan are my 2 major influences.

Me too. I listen to these two constantly. The only metal singers whose styles i want to incorporate into mine. Especially Khan's.

Stan, don't you have Raise your voice? How's that working for you? IMO, in CVT terms, Russel is using a lot of overdrive, curbing and even edge with distortion. Basically, loud, resonant, but free singing with rasp produced mostly by the false folds. That would be my guess.

Stan, don't you have Raise your voice? How's that working for you? IMO, in CVT terms, Russel is using a lot of overdrive, curbing and even edge with distortion. Basically, loud, resonant, but free singing with rasp produced mostly by the false folds. That would be my guess.

hey brother, yep i have RYV, it's awesome! I always do Jaime's exercises.

I'm not familiar with CVT though, so i dont understand the terms, lol :D

you know i heard in an interview Russ mentioned that he feels the gritty stuff coming from the back of his neck?...i could get a little rasp in there, but for me to do that, I use jaime's downwards push method, it works.

Hi,

Two things - for JP.

1st - JP - you should try this stuff too (when all is lost - symphony X). there was a differing types of sounds in there, which some you can CERTAINLY voice, would be good to hear this type of sound from you. Will happily work with you if req (post and ask - or pm me).

2nd - JP - due to experience in CVT and your readings - poss start a new post about CVT vs. other systems and the why / how / similarities / .etc between other systems - it'll make a very good post.

Stew

For me - that's one for the mp3 player too.

Archived