Heavy Metal Opera

ronws

Who'da thunk it? The lead video is neat. And then, I would invite you ladies and gents to also check out the heavy metal version of "Faust." And then notice the similarities between this and maybe something by Anthrax or Slipknot.

Or Iced Earth.

http://www.arakusproductions.com/media/video/

No,

Ron was talking about a selection of video's (in'c last one - a more victorian version), However the Video shows Faust in the early tales rather than the known story. (See youtube - Demoness of Ara'Kus) ... Was poingnant though (last video).

i.e. Gretchen's innocence saves her in the end, and she enters Heaven. In Goethe's rendition, Faust is saved by God's grace via his constant striving.

On some of the youtube vids, there is more of Faust's deal with the devil, do the searches.

Anyway - on kind of same note - maybe Nightwish should have done an on stage performance in Phantom.

Stew

p.s. Could do with some of this stuff in uk.

One of the other videos you can link of the first video is a "heavy metal" performance of "Nessun Dorma," a piece done most notably by Jussi Boerling, Luciano Pavarotti, and my favorite, Sarah Brightman. But this guy's verson was on par with theirs. And he sang it clean. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, children. And, just to appease the crowd, which was already applauding the performance, he added a "raspy" "yeah!" at the end, to seque way into the heavy metal.

I likes me a night at the opera.

Even though it is technically an art song.

Archived