'Very' rough vocal cover. reviews please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmiRRVjUBw4

Well the description says it all really. I'm just looking for some reviews. If you're familiar with the song and the vocalists then I'm generally aiming for a good Jonny and a good Vic in some parts of the songs.

Thanks-Jordan

It's late, so I didn't hear it all. I heard 10 seconds, and I immediately noticed that you sing very nasally and a bit out of key.

So you can aim to fix those things. I'll might listen tomorrow if I remember!

Though, I am not capable of teaching how to fix those things, just pointing it out.

Good luck :)

I've generally got a lower voice and in the regular octave I don't have nearly as much tone and it comes off wimpy. Plus it's easier to sing in a lower voice for me.

I've only sung chorally for 2 high school years, and 3 middle school years.

I didn't listen to all of it because I heard your problem, right from the start. You are holding back on projecting the notes. Why? Because you are listening to the original singer. Which also makes you late for the timing of the song. You are waiting for the phrase before you sing.

Solution, disregard the original singer. Sing this song like you wrote it. Really, try that, and forget about what the original singer is doing, no matter how much you like him. Be inspired by what he did but sing this as if you are out in front, not in a duet with the singer.

See if that doesn't improve your timing and pitch.

Archived