Never showed my singing to anyone before... I'm curious!

I've never showed my singing to other people before, so I'm really curious to see what kind of reactions I would get. I don't think I'm amazing or anything, but any advice or words of wisdom I could get would be great.

I like to critique and judge other's while singing but I find it almost impossible to judge myself. Any comments, criticisms, or anything, I want to hear them! Thanks :)

My youtube accounts is FLBiii

http://www.youtube.com/FLBiii

I have a couple songs uploaded and I'm planning to add some more.

Also if anybody wants me to listen to their singing and comment, I will!

That sounds really good. I think you've got it down pretty well with your technique and style. It depends on what you want to do with your voice. If you want to improve your technique I would say you could work on your breath connection. If you want to expand your range then there are a lot of things to consider. From a stylistic standpoint you've got it. On the recording you are overdriving the mic and distorting quite a bit in the high range. It would be nice to fix that so we can hear your high range more clearly.

I listened to you Michael Buble Cover. For one thing, I like his music. I like his "style." I like his self-deprecating sense of humor. He's a real "guy" that you or I could be friends with.

And you really did well. And I was struck by the thought of "what would it look like if Rob Thomas (Matchbox 20) covered a Buble song"? And there you go. You have a good tone and most importantly, it looks like you feel the song.

Good stuff.

I would say you have the style for this kind of music. With your looks and your voice, I can just about gurantee if you follow this style of music, you will have so many women seeking you.

Of course, I say that because I am envious. I look like a Hell's Angel, on a "good" day. My dog is better looking than I am.

So, you ask, how is that you are married, Ron? Well, all of my wife's old boyfriends were also bikers. It's a theme.

I heard broken string, still room for improvement on some things but really really good. Great.

Edit just heard If I die young, not good. But Broken string shows me that you have the potential to sound great. I guess you need to practice some songs for longer to get them right.

I heard broken string, still room for improvement on some things but really really good. Great.

Edit just heard If I die young, not good. But Broken string shows me that you have the potential to sound great. I guess you need to practice some songs for longer to get them right.

Oliver, let me single you out for you vague reply. By the way, I don't know this new poster so I have no vested interest in defending him.

"room for improvement"? WTF? Is it possible for you to be any more vague? Or do you lack the language skills to be more specific? (I can understand that, if english is not your first language.) Or, do you just like coming off sound like an expert? (I also understand that.)

Sorry, my BS tolerance was inadvertantly adjusted way too low today.

Oliver, let me single you out for you vague reply. By the way, I don't know this new poster so I have no vested interest in defending him.

"room for improvement"? WTF? Is it possible for you to be any more vague? Or do you lack the language skills to be more specific? (I can understand that, if english is not your first language.) Or, do you just like coming off sound like an expert? (I also understand that.)

Sorry, my BS tolerance was inadvertantly adjusted way too low today.

I'm not lacking english skills I'm lacking the techniqual knowledge of singing to point out what I tought needed improvement. I mean he sounds great but more like a diamond in the rough, not fully polished. Or would you say I was wrong saying he has still room for improvement ? So he is perfect :P ? In my limited singing expertise vocabulary I would say it was not perfectly clean sung, some parts were not exactly how they could be but of course professional singers do many takes when recording a cd so it's hard ot sing it perfect in one take. It wasn't a big comment and you are getting a little offensive ssaying BS tolerance as if I made a BS comment, unless I understood that wrong there. I already said on this forum that i have very little actualy singing technique knowledge, I actualy said next ot nothing. But I still tought he would be happy to get some feedback even if it was not from an expert. And if you missed it I actualy praised him and told him he was great. And If I die young was sung very flat, still doesn't change my opinion of his singing skills it's just 1 song that he didn't work out well.

But still thanks for giving me advice and feedback in the other thread :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not lacking english skills I'm lacking the techniqual knowledge of singing to point out what I tought needed improvement. I mean he sounds great but more like a diamond in the rough, not fully polished. Or would you say I was wrong saying he has still room for improvement ? So he is perfect :P ? In my limited singing expertise vocabulary I would say it was not perfectly clean sung, some parts were not exactly how they could be but of course professional singers do many takes when recording a cd so it's hard ot sing it perfect in one take. It wasn't a big comment and you are getting a little offensive ssaying BS tolerance as if I made a BS comment, unless I understood that wrong there. I already said on this forum that i have very little actualy singing technique knowledge, I actualy said next ot nothing. But I still tought he would be happy to get some feedback even if it was not from an expert. And if you missed it I actualy praised him and told him he was great. And If I die young was sung very flat, still doesn't change my opinion of his singing skills it's just 1 song that he didn't work out well.

But still thanks for giving me advice and feedback in the other thread :D

Yet, another vague reply. Just give one specific or two, to start.

I was once told that I "crashed" notes at the end. That one specific thing did more for me than all the endless "needs improvement" type of comments.

Yet, another vague reply. Just give one specific or two, to start.

I was once told that I "crashed" notes at the end. That one specific thing did more for me than all the endless "needs improvement" type of comments.

Well I'm not capable to tell him what he still needs to work on. You're tkaing this to serious, I just told him he has room for improvement - he can see out of that that I think he is good but well has to improve is not at pro level yet. And I gave him compliments which sure will motivate him.

Archived