Forever And One - Helloween

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi there!:)

I'm 27. I'm trying to learn to sing as a self-taught, from about my twenty-third year of life (whith a year break). But becouse im lazy as hell, I faild the SLS exercises (still not practising any)and I realized that I need a differend approach. It was only last year that brought me some noticeable progress

Currently I am based on the CVT book, which is the bible for me :) and I never had even one lesson with a teacher.

Hope You like It

http://www.box.net/shared/g4j1chce2pb9y7sj6sz8

Regards

Mark

p.s also sory for my english - in this matter, am self-taught too.

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

It sounds like CVT has done good things for you. That was really well done. Were you changing the timing a little, here and there, for style?

Edited to add:

It doesn't sound like you are lazy, at all. It sounds like you found a method of explanation that suits you better than the previous method. No harm in that. A number of systems can say the same thing in different ways. One way works for one person, another statement works better for someone else.

I am even finding myself hitting the reply button here! :) Love the highnotes.

Wow! Just found out that CVT is made by a dane. An I am a dane! And then I saw they're having one year courses for 4870 euro! That's a lot of money, but by how people talk about CVT, that would be a fine investment if you love to sing and want to be the best you can. That gave me something to think about. As a student living out, it can be hard to save up money for that, but that sure looks exciting! I am currently waiting for Tony O' Hora's vocal program he's making. But it's around 2 months delayed now, so I am beginning to consider other options, since I want a structured program, now. I am not asking for a program vs program, but to those that both have CVT and Luntes' Pillars 2.0, what would you recommend?

Edit: sorry for hijacking the thread, just a fast question :)

Awesome man, your singing is great! And I have to say your pronunciation sounds really good, I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said anything !

Well done, keep'em coming !

Thanos

Thank You all!!

I'm glad you like it!!:D

You know; CVT have that simple claim that singing can be practicing - while SLS is totaly against this. I was simply too lazy for making any momoms, neyneyneys an so on..i wanna sing immedietly and also have knowledge what I'm doing rather than just waiting for results of exercises.

So I simply sing while sticking to principles and day by day discovering something new - crossing some boundaries.

I strongly recomend CVT couse it realy works for me.

Glad my pronunciaton doesn't suck :)

While ago I talked with an American who said that it is pretty ok.

But as you can see my written spelling is a bit mess ;)

Regards!

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Thank You all!!

I'm glad you like it!!:D

You know; CVT have that simple claim that singing can be practicing - while SLS is totaly against this. I was simply too lazy for making any momoms, neyneyneys an so on..i wanna sing immedietly and also have knowledge what I'm doing rather than just waiting for results of exercises.

So I simply sing while sticking to principles and day by day discovering something new - crossing some boundaries.

I strongly recomend CVT couse it realy works for me.

Glad my pronunciaton doesn't suck :)

While ago I talked with an American who said that it is pretty ok.

But as you can see my written spelling is a bit mess ;)

Regards!

Are you writing through a translator program or just writing from what you know of English? Either way, I think your meaning is coming across. It is the principles that are important. Scales are a way of building muscle memory. But some people work better off knowing the principles and just applying it to a song.

Ronws, I do not use translator - altough I tried but it seems that google translator is probebly even more stupid than me:P. Yes, I know that practising scales are good for build muscle memory. However what I meant is :Instead of practising scales. I work with songs sticking to the principles of the selected CVT modes. Sometime doing some slides or sirens to check if I'm in the center for sure. Hope You understand me now.

guitartrek, chavire - thank you very much! :) .. what I know is that everybody's born with good voice - only we often lose the ability to rule over them. I started learning when I was 23, with such a level that the E1 cut off blood to my brain. To be honest, when I got rid of this problem - still no one like to listen of my moans. As I wrote before - until last year (and half maybe) , and float with the CVT, I managed to improve significantly.

Thanx again.:)

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Wow, Daug, that was impressive, beautiful strong head notes there. I practise in a similair way as you- i like to sing songs instead of doing alot of excersises because this would get me bored and i would propably stop singing - i do some like tongue trills and sirens and as a warm-up sirens are an excellent way to connect chest to head. I record everything i sing and experiment alot, modifying vowels, change tongue positions, jaw positions etc and then i listen to see what i could learn and benefit from.

That said, i still think i could benefit more if stick to a program, i don´t know if i have the patience though.

But your way of training obviously seem to fit you, i wish i was close to your skill. You have alot of talent man, keep up the good work.

courses for 4870 euro! That's a lot of money, but by how people talk about CVT, that would be a fine investmen

Even with the conversion rate of Euro to USD, that's almost 7,000 USD.

That's too much for me. I will have to continue sucking as a singer if that's what it cost for CVT in the very country it originates from, let alone shipping across the seas.

Well, at least until recently, the USD was slightly stronger than the Euro. For example, I think the old conversion rate was about 1.25 Euros to 1 USD. However, with the recession and the Euro trying to bail out Greece, it's dragging the Euro down. In which case, your conversion is probably quite accurate.

Just like, until recently, the mexican peso was so devalued against the USD for so long. Back in the 80's it was like 10 pesos to 1 dollar. Now that Mexico is in the oil and manufacturing markets (Dodge heavy duty pick-up trucks are made in Mexico) the value of the peso has come up in world markets.

Kind of back on topic, I do some exercises and some scales but I also spend a good amount of time putting it into song, or putting song into exercises. Sometimes, on my top-down warm up, I will take a phrase from a song and sing it one note in a scale, and then descend to the next note, repeat the phrase. For example, I will start about E5 with "Jesus Christ Pose." Then, sing that on each descending note in a scale, allowing myself to articulate and adjust the air as I am going down. To me, that seems the best of both worlds. Getting the technique and applying it in a real world situation. So that, in singing a song, I have a little more reflex going on, rather than stopping, thinking, then doing.

Thanx rofleren - :D

Olem, thanx - This is exactly how I do work with my voice.

Jogulator - you mean I should try It? hmmm possible ....possible ;)

As I Can see, some in the United States finaly becomes interested with CVT :) What can I say - it's really worth the money.

It is good to have a map if you want to find something.

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Man, that was excellent. This has always been my favorite song of theirs. One of the most underrated power ballads ever.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

• 3 months later...

Archived