How you call this screams or whistles ? Raspyness ?

• TMV World Legacy Member

people always asks me how i do it , decided to record them

i want to know how are they called :)

i can scream real hard and no damage or pain at all

i can do something like louis armstrong voices to ACDC's Brian Johnson

i know how to sound terribly hard but no damage at all

here's the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?14b9e7w0478wuhm

I call it a pitchless scream. And before you think me heartless and not supportive (just ask anyone how much I am a cheerleader for anyone with the gonads to get up and sing), I will let you know that many a person has criticized me, generally, out of their desire to help me improve in ways they think I need to improve. So, let me share the love.

You've got some pitch issues. And not every song is going to be reminiscent of an Ab5 blast from Steven Tyler. You've got the timbre of the "scream" pretty close but you are not singing the pitch. You are blowing air. Believe it or not, Steven is actually singing a pitch. The scream part of it comes from a genetic anomaly in his vocal folds, something that you cannot learn or train. That being said, you can work on singing his stuff and sound relatively close. Though, if I were you, it would be better to work on your sound. Whatever that happens to be.

As for the James Brown thing, yeah, I could almost see it, except that you have no pitch accuracy. You are losing too much air. I would start out with church hymns. Seriously. That will teach you some basic phonation of sound. Worry about the "scream" later.

I know I am going to catch heat from this. That's alright. I'm a grown man, wearing long pants, and paying my own bills. I can take it.

Ron ...i have a very good ear , i was not singing i was throwing screams like crazy,i can sing with the scream accurately on key

and on pitch , i still can't figure the tyler scream but like you say ...its voice i think.

Have you heard the Van Halen tune "Outta love again" ? i love that one , what you think of David Lee Roth scream ?

I think I remember the interviews I have read with David Lee Roth and I remember reading his memoirs, "Crazy from the Heat." (it's just your bad luck to encounter me, a bibilophile with a head full of useless music trivia.) The high parts, David records the first time around. Then, on Friday nights, the only night he would let his hair down, he would have a few scotch and sodas and a few cigarettes. Early Saturday morning, right after getting up, he would record the the growls and low parts. What you are hearing on the album is a double tracking of the vocals.

But even if David can produced that diatonic howl live, which is possible, it is also on pitch and is a sung note, not just a tuneless whistle or blast of air compressed through a constricted throat.

Archived