MANIPUTATING VOCAL FOLDS?

Rate this topic

VideoHere

HI FOLKS, MY QUESTIONS WILL NEVER WIN ANY AWARDS FOR "MOST REPLIES" (LOL) PERHAPS THEY'RE A BIT ELEMENTARY FOR SOME, BUT IF I CAN ASK A REPLY TO THIS PARTICULAR QUESTION?

(I HOPE YOU FOLKS DON'T THINK I'M TOOTING MY OWN HORN, I JUST SEEM TO MAKING A HELL OF A LOT OF PROGRESS LATELY.)

I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE TILL RECENTLY...I AM STARTING TO FEEL LIKE I CAN ACTUALLY MANIPULATE (FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD) MY VOCAL CHORDS TO ACHIEVE A CERTAIN NOTE OR A CERTAIN SOUND. IT SEEMS TO BECOMING ALMOST INSTINCTUAL. AN EXAMPLE IS WHEN I SING THE SONG "HOW MUCH I FEEL" BY AMBROSIA, THE PART "SO YOU TRY, TRY TO STAY IN THE MIDDLE..AND THEN YOU CRY..ETC. THE "TRY AND CRY" COME OUT SWEET AND CLEAN, INSTEAD OF STRAINED AND TIGHT.

I (THINK) I HAVE FIGURED A WAY TO CLOSE UP MY FOLDS ON MY OWN?

IT'S AN AWESOME FEELING TO KNOW I CAN VOLUNTARILY MAKE THAT HAPPEN. HERE'S THE QUESTION, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING RIGHT (LOL)?

(ROB, DENA, HILARY, THOMAS, JEANNIE, ...I THINK YOU FOLKS HAD SOMETHNG TO DO WITH THIS, THANK YOU!!!)

HERE ARE THE NOTES I'M REFERRING TO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke3_WhUucRU

AT 2:42 OF THE SONG. LATELY, I JUST HAVE THIS GREAT FEELING AND POWER...AWESOME!!

i think it's enough to make a sample. The guys here teach on internet via webcams so they are certainly used to that kind of things ;-)

for recording you some free apps on windows i think like audacity (cubase like)

Bob...why worry about it? If its becoming instinctual...I would suggest you are at last letting your voice free up and sing. if it doesn't hurt, if you don't rasp......what does it matter what you are doing right? You know I like to keep it simple..thats the best way to free your voice! You may well be properly connecting with your own sound. You said in an article comment that you first sang from emotion and have now been trying to get the "technique" in place. I personally think you have been trying too hard on the mental control and now you are learning to rebalance and allow your emotion back. Interesting to note this sound was sweet and clear on the words TRY & CRY eh? I'm sure the "techies" will explain it for you.

When you focus on the sound and the expression the voice responds accordingly. At least you now know the experience of closing the folds and opening them and the difference in sound. Hold that now and move forward with your other songs too!

BY the way I can assess over my logitech webcam. If you can make a video on your logitech and send it me I'll take a look and listen. WELL DONE BOB! love Hilary :cool: