Metal Gods - by Judas Priest, and one original

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/kg322?feature=mhsn

Here you will find me singing "Metal Gods" by Judas Priest, and an original song that A band I was in wrote. Please tell me how I sound. I really need the criticizm! Don't be shy!

~Keith

www.drop-head.com

Yeah, that original song "Walk Beside Me" was from like 1995 -I just remade it a few weeks ago. Anyway, I am hoping to get some criticizm - I have a hard time "judging" my own voice - strengths and weeknesses. Seems I have an issue adducting, and also have some compression issues.

www.drop-head.com

No prob, 8. I ressurected a song I wrote in 1990. And it has received some good reviews, depending on the aesthetics of the listener. You would like it if you were into melodic ballads. But, if your first introduction was Audioslave or Nine Inch Nails, maybe not so much. But the value of singing on your own stuff is that it was written, quite literally, for your own voice.

So, what is it that you think is "wrong" with your fold adduction? Compression is pretty much related to that.

No prob, 8. I ressurected a song I wrote in 1990. And it has received some good reviews, depending on the aesthetics of the listener. You would like it if you were into melodic ballads. But, if your first introduction was Audioslave or Nine Inch Nails, maybe not so much. But the value of singing on your own stuff is that it was written, quite literally, for your own voice.

So, what is it that you think is "wrong" with your fold adduction? Compression is pretty much related to that.

When I am warmed up, I can siren through chest / head and back... When I sing a song, and the note is right on the edge of my chest range - I either crack or my voice defaults to falsetto. A good example of the note is in "All That I Bleed" by Savatage. IN the second part of the chorus, the notes are higher. Those notes are very hard for me to sing without going into falsetto. And , my usable range is only 2 octaves. Sometimes 2.5... and it is mostly chest.

www.drop-head.com

I'm really liking "Metal Gods," I'm an unfamiliar with Judas Priest's stuff. But I love how you're singing it. It's aggressive, it's strong, it rocks ;) I don't know what you're talking about being out of league for the forums, I think you're on the right track.

And "Walk beside me," I like this as well, reminds me of System of a Down (and I love them) ...and Metallica. I love your use of your vibrato, especially at 3:54.

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein's definition of insanity.

Me on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/livvy614

I'm really liking "Metal Gods," I'm an unfamiliar with Judas Priest's stuff. But I love how you're singing it. It's aggressive, it's strong, it rocks ;) I don't know what you're talking about being out of league for the forums, I think you're on the right track.

And "Walk beside me," I like this as well, reminds me of System of a Down (and I love them) ...and Metallica. I love your use of your vibrato, especially at 3:54.

ty :)

www.drop-head.com

I think it sounds really good. You seem to have good breath support, good rhythm, phrasing, etc. If you want to sing higher without flipping into falsetto you're going to have to learn to start thinning the folds as you go up. This is a tricky coordination between the TA and CT muscles as they have to work together, which normally they are not used to doing. Currently you are taking thick folds up too high, to a point where they just can't vibrate anymore. Once you start thinning the folds out you'll start really developing the high range.

I think it sounds really good. You seem to have good breath support, good rhythm, phrasing, etc. If you want to sing higher without flipping into falsetto you're going to have to learn to start thinning the folds as you go up. This is a tricky coordination between the TA and CT muscles as they have to work together, which normally they are not used to doing. Currently you are taking thick folds up too high, to a point where they just can't vibrate anymore. Once you start thinning the folds out you'll start really developing the high range.

Sounds good. How the heck do I do that? LOL

www.drop-head.com

Well, it takes some practice, but the right kind of practice. It's one thing to talk about it and another to actually do it and do it right. I really learned a lot from this forum. But it really helps to see / hear others demonstrate these techniques. I learned it from the KTVA program. Lunte's program is good too. One of our forum members (VocalPower) is a teacher and has some excellent free videos that can get you started.

http://www.vocalpower.co.uk/Videos.php

You could sing way beyond the tenor range if you want to. I didn't believe it at first, because my range wasn't very good before.

Archived