(This one!) Open me...

• TMV World Legacy Member

So, my apologies if this is somewhat of a double post, I posted another with just my most recent video... anywho... here's my mini introduction and all my videos to date. :)

Hi, my name's Olivia Krieger. I sing. (duh) haha. I'm new to the forums (not the modern vocalist site, just the forum). Singing is my most passionate form of expression. I've been singing since I was just a little thing (Mariah Carey mostly as a youngster), I sang all through high school in a choir,

I stopped singing for a few years (Amongst other things I was a smoker since 16...),

I'm now 24 and QUIT SMOKING [yay!] for the sake of my voice and have been smoke free and singing again for about 3 months.

I'm a full time student so right now I'm just working on my own, making audio and video recordings at home.

I'm looking forward to listening to others like myself's music and watching some home made videos as mine are too.

Hope some of you have a minute to check out a video of mine! Here's the ones I've made so far.

All singing, videoing, editing, etc done by myself with my Macbook: laptop's built in webcam, and Samson Gtrack USB Mic, GarageBand & iMovie.

Most Recent and on...

Thanks for watching!!

Liv

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein's definition of insanity.

Me on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/livvy614

Nice voice. Very versatile. I liked "I'd Rather Go Blind" the best because it was the most subtle visually. I mean no offense whatsoever, but the others distracted me a little bit from a visual standpoint, and made it a little harder to focus on just the song.

But I do believe you have the goods all across the board.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Nice voice. Very versatile. I liked "I'd Rather Go Blind" the best because it was the most subtle visually. I mean no offense whatsoever, but the others distracted me a little bit from a visual standpoint, and made it a little harder to focus on just the song.

But I do believe you have the goods all across the board.

:) Thank you, and I'll keep that in mind about the video complexity for the future

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein's definition of insanity.

:) Thank you, and I'll keep that in mind about the video complexity for the future

Oh, no, no, no. I didn't meant to suggest you should change things up to please one person. It's just my own feeling that you could go with a "less is more" approach, and it could possibly be more effective in showcasing what you have to offer.

Others could disagree with me, and if they weren't as distracted as I was, they wouldn't be wrong.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Unlike Validar, I don't give a flip about the visual, though they are nice and well done. I am listening to the voice.

I liked Amy Winhouse's stuff and her "retro" vibe and you did the song well.

"Freak on a leash" was cool from a post-industrial techno-punk-metal, alog the lines of Nine Inch Nails.

But your voice sounded at home, centered and relaxed in "I'd rather go Blind." Do that some more. At least from my aesthetic standpoint. Your mileage may vary with others.

Seriously, just remember that I am an aging hippie that knows just about every lyric to "Jesus Christ, Superstar" and wishes to heck I could have auditioned for Uriah Heep, back in the day.

Excellent video productions. Geez I wish I could do that. Do they take you a long time to put together?

Thank you :) and no, not too bad. I have a lot of experience with photoshop so I know what I'm doing when it comes to still picture, video is new to me but I'm catching on quite quickly. The most difficult part is matching up the timing of the lip sync to the audio track (as I don't sing the song over and over again for the video, I make the audio recording first.) Overall each video takes a few hours to put together (that's just the video), as a singer I'm sure you know the audio can take much longer ;) Plus I've never been very good with audio recording/mixing/editing etc.

Oh, no, no, no. I didn't meant to suggest you should change things up to please one person. It's just my own feeling that you could go with a "less is more" approach, and it could possibly be more effective in showcasing what you have to offer.

Others could disagree with me, and if they weren't as distracted as I was, they wouldn't be wrong.

I find that for the web and the general population of places like youtube it's in good interest to have as much visual appeal as possible to go along with the video. The people in this forum may have most interest in vocal abilities, while most people just want to be entertained and the visual aspects are entertaining (I think), to zero in on just my voice I have audio recordings that don't have any visual distraction ;)

Unlike Validar, I don't give a flip about the visual, though they are nice and well done. I am listening to the voice.

I liked Amy Winhouse's stuff and her "retro" vibe and you did the song well.

"Freak on a leash" was cool from a post-industrial techno-punk-metal, alog the lines of Nine Inch Nails.

But your voice sounded at home, centered and relaxed in "I'd rather go Blind." Do that some more. At least from my aesthetic standpoint. Your mileage may vary with others.

Seriously, just remember that I am an aging hippie that knows just about every lyric to "Jesus Christ, Superstar" and wishes to heck I could have auditioned for Uriah Heep, back in the day.

Thank you. And thanks for taking the time to check each one of them out, I appreciate it.

Archived